• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Asistance in the OK City Area, Please !

Scrambler82

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/EDGE
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
4.5" SL
Total Drop
WWWhhhaaattt !?!
Tire Size
33 x 12.50
I need someone with a Steppie Ranger to go to Custom 4x4 and let Mike, the owner do some measuring and fitment of a HD rear bumper.

Is there anyone in that area that has the time and would do this.

Custom 4x4 Fabrication, 11825 S.E. 109th, Oklahoma City, OK 73165, phone: 1-405-799-7599, has stated they will make a rear bumper for a steppie but they do not have Truck to go by.

Ranger rear bumpers are not readily available so we need to get a shop (C4x4) to start making them.
This guy make great HD front Bumpers for Ranger, his work is great.

Please let me know if you are in the OK City Area and would do this.
I can help some on gas to get there if you are close.

Thanks

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Why don't you do your own measurements and send them to him? If you can't go to a local fab shop and have them do the measurements. That might be a lot easier. Maybe your local fab shop will build you what you want. Contact Pottsy at Pirate 4x4 (Built By Pottsy). He sells bumpers on Ebay. A rear bumper is easy to make for a good fab man. The fronts are harder.

Scrambler82

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/EDGE
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
4.5" SL
Total Drop
WWWhhhaaattt !?!
Tire Size
33 x 12.50
I have a templet for the top of the bumper, fit it to the rear of the truck and it works ok.

BUT C4x4 wants something to go by more than my drawings, just to be on the safe side; can’t blame him.

You live in the area, just asking… ?

C4x4 has located a bumper so far, he is waiting for my templet and still wants the fitment checked before letting it out of the shop so all I need to do is find a ranger in the area of his shop and have him look at it.

Thanks for asking.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
I'm in the Sushine State. Rear bumpers are not really that hard to make. Go to the fab section and see all the bumpers our fellow Ranger guys have made. The front bumbers are much harder to make. Any fab shop can make you a rear bumper for a decent price. You can watch it being made and ask to do something along the way when you decied you might want something added while they are putting it together. Why don't you check into that before you have this place build you one? He must not know anything about Ford Rangers. Does he have a website and does he build bumpers for mid or compact size trucks?

Scrambler82

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/EDGE
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
4.5" SL
Total Drop
WWWhhhaaattt !?!
Tire Size
33 x 12.50
If I wanted to build it myself I would/could but I have too much on the Ranger to do list, not to mention the House, the wife’s flower beds, the garage… etc, etc.

I wanted this guy to make one that matches his front bumper which I have already.

Finding a shop that will make a rear bumper for less than $900 is a hard thing to do around my area and believe me there are not a lot of shops that build or will build one for the Ranger little lone the Steppie.

Thanks for the push but I prefer to have it build to the standards C4x4 has set in the past.

ltr

LearjetMinako

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 140ci
Transmission
Manual
I might be able to help. As long they don't remove my bumper for measurement. Custom 4x4 is just on the other side of Draper lake from me. I own and drive a 1996 Ranger XLT with a step side bed.

Scrambler82

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/EDGE
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
4.5" SL
Total Drop
WWWhhhaaattt !?!
Tire Size
33 x 12.50
I might be able to help. As long they don't remove my bumper for measurement. Custom 4x4 is just on the other side of Draper lake from me. I own and drive a 1996 Ranger XLT with a step side bed.
OK that would be great.

I will get back to you as soon as Mike from C4x4 says he is ready.
He is suppose to pickup a steppie bumper from someone for measurements on the mounting so I am not sure what his needs will be but you can make your final decision when he lets me know.

Thanks for the offer, I will return.

LearjetMinako

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 140ci
Transmission
Manual
OK that would be great.

I will get back to you as soon as Mike from C4x4 says he is ready.
He is suppose to pickup a steppie bumper from someone for measurements on the mounting so I am not sure what his needs will be but you can make your final decision when he lets me know.

Thanks for the offer, I will return.
Just to let you know, I will be gone for a little while. Will check back in around after 12:00.

Scrambler82

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/EDGE
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
4.5" SL
Total Drop
WWWhhhaaattt !?!
Tire Size
33 x 12.50
Hey,

IF you find some time and want to stop by and talk to Mike at Custom 4x4, he has my drawings and just needs to check out a Steppie.

Any idea if you will have some time next week to stop by ?

thanks either way.

LearjetMinako

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 140ci
Transmission
Manual
Hey,

IF you find some time and want to stop by and talk to Mike at Custom 4x4, he has my drawings and just needs to check out a Steppie.

Any idea if you will have some time next week to stop by ?

thanks either way.
Its been about 3 weeks since your last reply. Luckily, I have this whole week off from work. So what does Mike at 4x4Custom need as far as measurements on a Ranger stepside bed bumper?

Scrambler82

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/EDGE
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
4.5" SL
Total Drop
WWWhhhaaattt !?!
Tire Size
33 x 12.50
Its been about 3 weeks since your last reply. Luckily, I have this whole week off from work. So what does Mike at 4x4Custom need as far as measurements on a Ranger stepside bed bumper?
Ya been a while... Drawings took longer than expected and my speed is slow.
Mike said he would look at the drawing early in the week, so a little later , say Wedesday might work.
I am not sure what he needs exactly.
I think he wants to see it, and maybe fit the templet I send to him, just to see the fit.
When/If you go there, ask up front what he expects, if you don't want it to happen to your truck tell him just how far you want to go.

Let me know what, when, where or if you don't want to do it at all.

If he contacts me before Wedesday I will let you know.

Thanks.

LearjetMinako

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 140ci
Transmission
Manual
Ya, just about don't trust anyone here with a wrench except myself. Some people just have this deliema that its just a job to make money. So honor, respect, and care go out the window. If he needs to remove my bumper, I would prefer myself to do it or watch the person doing it very closely.

As I said, I got the whole week off for vacation. And I ain't planning to stray too far off from the house. So going over to Custom 4x4 won't be too much of a hassle for me.

Scrambler82

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/EDGE
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
4.5" SL
Total Drop
WWWhhhaaattt !?!
Tire Size
33 x 12.50
Ya, just about don't trust anyone here with a wrench except myself. Some people just have this deliema that its just a job to make money. So honor, respect, and care go out the window. If he needs to remove my bumper, I would prefer myself to do it or watch the person doing it very closely.

As I said, I got the whole week off for vacation. And I ain't planning to stray too far off from the house. So going over to Custom 4x4 won't be too much of a hassle for me.
Don't blame you on who does the work, I usually watch if someone is working on my truck.
Thanks for this.
Do as you need to !

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals