• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Are new codes the result of old problems ?

newbietrucker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
3.0 Auto
Transmission
Automatic
Hi,

I had a trashed cam-synchro/sensor replaced and now I'm getting P0401/P0402 (EGR excessive/insufficent flow detected) and P0153 (slow response O2 sensor) codes show up Pending and occasionally popping a CEL.

So my question is:

Were conditions for the new codes present before the CMP change, but not showing up because of the bad CMP readings, or...

Is the new cam-synchro not lined up properly ?
(or none of the above)

Since both answers make sense to me (since I only know generally how it works) I can only throw myself on the mercy of somebody that knows for sure how the computer is put together.

thanks in advance,

NT

newbietrucker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
3.0 Auto
Transmission
Automatic
LOL that's my post :) ... while kawasakiman undoubtedly gave some good advice (I posted this new thread so as not to upset it), I'd like to work it out with the mechanic who may not want to go diving back into the engine just because I say "I think you put the synchro in wrong".

In order to do that I sorta need to know if the new codes were a pre-existing problem (which was ignored by the ECM because of the busted cam-synchro), or if they could actually be being caused by a misaligned synchro (and can be solved by realigning it).

And could a dealership or mechanic with a computer (more than just a code-reader) be able to tell if ithe synchro's off a tooth or two without pulling it ?

Thanks Again

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals