• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Are DJM uppers really necissary???

ranger ss

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hey Guys. I have a 1999 Ranger xlt reg cab daily driver that I just ordered DJM lowers, coils, flip kit and notch for. Back in the day around 2003 I had a similar truck that was lowered with DJM uppers, lowers, and coils as well. Back then I remember getting mad because I paid around $200 for DJM upper control arms that looked like they had the exact same geometry as the stock ones and I felt like I wasted money on uppers that I didn't even need. I know they advertise that they correct the geometry of the lowered front end, but has anyone ever tried using the stockers with the DJM lowers and coils? Side by side they look about the same. So are they really even necessary???

Also, I already know what the DJM website says and I have seen them side by side. I am really just asking if anyone has tried this and aligned properly? Thanks!

Dirmaid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah, you'll need them for sure. My truck is only dropped 3 inches in the front with springs and low profile bumpstops. With the caster/camber kit it is maxed out and still has 5 degrees of camber in either tire. Also the caster is slightly off. If you don't get them with that much of a drop then you'll never get this thing aligned and will eat up tires. The arms are gonna be just barely longer than the stock ones because that's what controls the camber. By pushing the tire out just slightly then it frees up the adjustability at the frame. And when I say barely longer, we're talking less than an inch since it only neds to correct the angle by a few degrees.

Sorry, that's the way it is man :dunno: And trust me, I'd never suggest buying/using things you don't need. I've been getting away with it for years :icon_thumby:

Dirmaid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
It seems I gave you bad numbers, I went in with 5 degrees off. I have the spec sheet in front of me now and seems I'm maxed out at 1 degree either side

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals