• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

anyone ever heard?

cush

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Scion
Engine Size
2.4L 4banger
Transmission
Manual
anyone ever heard of davis unified ignition? they sell it on summit. is their stuff any good?

Big Jim M

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
RR that was my thought EXACTLY!
CUSH! If what you have is doing Ok then NO OTHER ignition system can do better! Them racing systems are for rpm that YOUR engine will not get to.. So all they can possibly do in your stock engine is run exactly the same or possibly WORSE!
Big JIm

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Don't look now, but I actually agree with these two lol! The ignition system that Ford put on the 3.0 rangers is one of the best available. Unless you have a heavily modified engine, there are many other areas of your truck that deserve your time and money more than the ignition system. Lots of heavily modified or boosted guys actually switch back to stock ignition, and find it works much better than any aftermarket stuff.

cush

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Scion
Engine Size
2.4L 4banger
Transmission
Manual
well see my thing is that i replaced the coil and wires with garbage. i didnt know any better at the time but now i do know that duralast and bosch and the biggest waste of money on the planet. i bought decent plugs though... but the real reason i was asking is because im going to replace my junk with good stuff again, and since the davis unified coil is less expensive than the ford one, i thought it might be worth my time. and those wires are just badass :headbang:10mm!:icon_thumby:
plus i drive like im ken block.

Rearanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
well see my thing is that i replaced the coil and wires with garbage. i didnt know any better at the time but now i do know that duralast and bosch and the biggest waste of money on the planet.
I won't defend Duralast or Bosch (in this instance), but are you getting ignition misfire?

cush

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Scion
Engine Size
2.4L 4banger
Transmission
Manual
I won't defend Duralast or Bosch (in this instance), but are you getting ignition misfire?
i WAS getting a misfire. i have no real idea why. but i have a feeling its related to the synchronizer, which im going to replace and i wanted to replace the coil and wires with better stuff. i'll explain what happened in the next paragraph but its kinda pointless since the misfire went away

so i had a misfire in cylinder 2 and i talked to the techs at my work(toyota) and they said to switch my plugs, move the #1 wire to #2 to test the wire and i did that and it stayed in cylinder # 2 so i went to autozone and exchanged the coil and it stayed in #2 so i took it to toyota to have them look at it and they couldnt figure it out. a few days later my dad came home and decided to look at it. he said to exchange the wires, so i did. and the misfire went to cylinder #1. then according to the haynes manual, all my wires are rotated 180degrees. 123 are on the driver side and in the manual are supposed to be on the passenger side. so my dad decided to switch them, i didnt want to, but he did anyways. needless to say, it didnt start. so we moved them back, it look a little bit longer to start and then the misfire went away and hasnt come back. its taken a little long to start a couple times so i think its that synchronizer. but as for the misfire.... im stumped.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals