• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Anyone else have a day of bad luck ?

North Idaho 5.oh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I know this may seem mild in comparison, but my luck today was complete trash.
I was hauling my junk vehicle to the metal yard and my lower radiator hose decided to blow on my 04 powerstroke when I was 2 blocks from my destination! Limped it there and the people were kind enough to let me work on it in their lot…. Well I got the hose clamps off and went to break the hose loose from the radiator and it popped off and dumped the rest of (2.5 gallons) the coolant on their parking lot!
After I cleaned up and got back on the road, I got about 2 miles down the road and my R/R wheel locked up on my trailer ! Haven’t pulled it apart yet, but it completely destroyed my tire as I drug it over 100 yards at 65 mph!
Had to chain the axle up without the tire and limp it home…. Long story short … that was a long and expensive day, but glad to be home !

DILLARD000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2001 Ford
Make / Model
SportTracJob2
Engine Size
V6~4.0L~SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Wondering if all this happened on the recent Friday The 13th?
Occasionally have a really bad day, nothing goes as planned, suspect everybody does;
bad things seem to happen in a series of three, weird!
But most days go well for me, retired now several years & try to not let issues bother me much;
when something does go wrong, I just stop for the day & rethink the problem in the morning.

Angry Possum

No Fat Chicks, Truck Will Scrape
Supporting Member
Law Enforcement
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT SC
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235 75 15
My credo
Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you.
If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. Be glad your safe, get back off and brush that one off.

Some music for the thread.

Last edited:

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Definitely not a good day there. I’m not willing to discuss things on an open forum but it could be worse. I’d take a day like that over my situation right now. Chin up, the only direction open is forward.

Angry Possum

Supporting Member
Law Enforcement
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT SC
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235 75 15
My credo
Definitely not a good day there. I’m not willing to discuss things on an open forum but it could be worse. I’d take a day like that over my situation right now. Chin up, the only direction open is forward.
Yep, I agree....
My story: I was out on my boat 3 weeks ago with two of my friends, we hit a sandbar hard and the inner transom mount had cracked, compromising the transom too. A lot of water was coming into the boat from the transom, my bilge pump wouldn't shut off. I almost sank her, and who knows our Fate. Thank God we were close to a nearby public boat launch. Could of been much worse. Next year I'll have to replace the transom. Luckily, I'm retired. The Inboard Engine and all the hardware etc has to come out of the boat. I'll wait till April of next year to do the repair, even though the weather in the east coast is pretty decent, in the 70s and sunny. Today I'll have to tackle my Brakes, The Rotor situation and leaky Caliper on the Ranger shortly. The human experience is it.

Hope all goes well with you. @lil_Blue_Ford

Last edited:

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Yep, I agree....
My story: I was out on my boat 3 weeks ago with two of my friends, we hit a sandbar hard and the inner transom mount had cracked, compromising the transom too. A lot of water was coming into the boat from the transom, my bilge pump wouldn't shut off. I almost sank her, and who knows our Fate. Thank God we were close to a nearby public boat launch. Could of been much worse. Next year I'll have to replace the transom. Luckily, I'm retired. The Inboard Engine and all the hardware etc has to come out of the boat. I'll wait till April of next year to do the repair, even though the weather in the east coast is pretty decent, in the 70s and sunny. Today I'll have to tackle my Brakes, The Rotor situation and leaky Caliper on the Ranger shortly. The human experience is it.

Hope all goes well with you. @lil_Blue_Ford
That’s definitely a rough one too. I need to do some floor repairs and I’d like to give the motor a good going over in my boat but that’s gonna be a next year project too. Was supposed to fix it like 3 years ago, but things happened. There’s been a few major setbacks in my life lately and I just got blindsided by another. Just trying to keep moving forward even though I’m more dragging myself at this point.

mikkelstuff

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Yup, s**t happens.

Was waiting in the doctor's office the other day when some poor guy, not that old, came driving in on an electric wheel chair. I doubt any part of him could move except his finger running the joy stick. He could barely speak as well. I left later knowing I have no problems!

North Idaho 5.oh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Sure hope things look up for you man 👍🏻

North Idaho 5.oh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Wondering if all this happened on the recent Friday The 13th?
Occasionally have a really bad day, nothing goes as planned, suspect everybody does;
bad things seem to happen in a series of three, weird!
But most days go well for me, retired now several years & try to not let issues bother me much;
when something does go wrong, I just stop for the day & rethink the problem in the morning.
I actually try to avoid contact with anyone or anything on Friday the 13th lol I usually do let things go … but had to share my misfortune with someone else lol
Keeping my head held high and move forward

Angry Possum

Supporting Member
Law Enforcement
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT SC
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235 75 15
My credo
I actually try to avoid contact with anyone or anything on Friday the 13th lol I usually do let things go … but had to share my misfortune with someone else lol
Keeping my head held high and move forward
My 4th grandchild was born this October 13th, on Friday. I don't believe in that bad luck date whatsoever.

North Idaho 5.oh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Pulled the trailer wheel apart and found that the brake shoes had fallen apart inside there and wedged themselves in there. Got it all put back together with new parts and she is good as new !

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
well.....i always say....

i can dunk into a barrel full of titties and come up choking on a hot dog every time.

North Idaho 5.oh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
well.....i always say....

i can dunk into a barrel full of titties and come up choking on a hot dog every time.
Dude I read that as I was taking a sip of my coffee…. Not fair! lol now I have to clean my wife’s vehicle!

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
your welcome......

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals