• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Anybody use security cameras in/on their house?

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
I’ve heard that the argument that you can’t face your accuser and there is no due process with light cameras. I am in no way a lawyer or legal scholar, so that argument may be completely false and won’t help you in the least bit.

I just try my best to not run a red light so as not to get a ticket in the first place.
NJ got around that by requiring a policeman to watch the video and he signs the ticket as the issuing officer. He is your accuser.

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
I fight monsters.

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.

G8orFord

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC S/C
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
Just the right size to touch the ground.
NJ got around that by requiring a policeman to watch the video and he signs the ticket as the issuing officer. He is your accuser.
IMO, it's still a video and a very restricted one at that. Most don't show the entire intersection or the vehicles behind the offending vehicle. I think most any decent lawyer can get a video ticket dismissed if no other traffic incident happened in the process.

I've ran a few red lights simply because the guy/gal behind me didn't appear that they would get stopped even if I did. I broke the law, but possibly saved a life or at least expensive repairs. Not to mention, leaving the LEOs alone to concentrate on other crimes. Before anyone says anything, I've never blown through a red light without full awareness of my surroundings and full confidence that I would get through without incident.

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
IMO, it's still a video and a very restricted one at that. Most don't show the entire intersection or the vehicles behind the offending vehicle. I think most any decent lawyer can get a video ticket dismissed if no other traffic incident happened in the process.
NJ made the fine under $200 and no points...
It’s no points because they can’t 100% prove it was you driving.
So, either you pay your $100-$200 no point ticket, or you pay a lawyer to fight it. Either way you lose.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I fight monsters.
I would help you but I can't spell crysthanamum, christhantamum, cristhansumon................the flower that's pretty

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
NJ made the fine under $200 and no points...
It’s no points because they can’t 100% prove it was you driving.
So, either you pay your $100-$200 no point ticket, or you pay a lawyer to fight it. Either way you lose.
Last traffic violation I had maybe 10 years ago for speeding (which I wasn't) I went to court and the prosecutor asked how I pleaded. I said not guilty, he then replied "are you not guilty because you want to get out of here fast and avoid points or are you REALLY not guilty". That about sums up the NJ legal system. I said I'm not guilty because I didn't do anything wrong and I'm happy to go to trial.

He offered the classic, pay us and you won't get points schtick. I said nope, I'll go to trial. Charge was dropped 10 minutes later and I went home....

They just want money and don't want to have to prove anything in the slightest. They just hope you pay and move on.

Last edited:

R A N G E R

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger 4X2
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
1974 Truck 302 4V C6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
3"
Tire Size
205/70/14
My credo
Nothing is impossible!
My advice after 25 years of professional commercial security trade, get a real camera system that uses a separate video and power (siamese) wire to run them, not cat 5E wire. Those cheap systems have great salesmen selling them but you get what you pay for. They need light at night to function AND only go B&W at night if your lucky to have a picture at all. They'll last 3-5 years depending on how hard the internals are working to have a decent picture. Look great in daylight if your object is close enough but most are NOT true digital even though many state they are. Dont be cheap out of the gate. Would you treat your 'baby' that way? (Your Ranger)? and all your eyes can see is about 450 lines of resolution if your in perfect shape as far as cameras go. Dont let them over sell you and be a fool with your money. You CAN do it yourself if desired, but a professional', and I dont mean a company which disappears in a few years with young installers and 5-10 years experience, can run the siamese wire professionally and discreetly to almost anywhere. What im saying is someone whos trying to please their boss with the amount of time for installation is not very good. (comparison example is do you want an engine in your Ranger that top speed of it is 75 Mph and doing 65 or would you want an engine that can do 140 Mph doing 65?) you want this camera system to run easy so to speak. One more thing think auto reset power supply for many cameras in the future :cool: .

Attachments

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals