• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Any other gun enthusiasts here?

OilPatch197

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/87
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
And no, there is no cure to rifle fever. Especially when it comes to ARs.
DUDE, there is so many AK variants, and you don't have to worry about throat erosion. I've seen some impressive AK collections, AR's don't hold a candle to the AK, the "mud gun".

USMCFords

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco 2, Bronc
Engine Size
2.9, 5.0
Transmission
Manual
DUDE, there is so many AK variants, and you don't have to worry about throat erosion. I've seen some impressive AK collections, AR's don't hold a candle to the AK, the "mud gun".
Uh, alright. I have 3 AKs and my ARs will run with them any day, and be FAR more accurate than ANY Ak out there. Even my 10.5" barreled SBR will outshoot any AK that I've seen at 100 yards. I'm not concerned with a "mud gun" if I can't make headshots past 50 yards.

OilPatch197

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/87
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
The AK (I'm talking about the Vepr) is stone totally reliable under almost any imaginable circumstances, and is accurate enough to produce inch or inch and a half groups at 100 yards.

All this stuff about AK inaccuracy is the stuff of bench rest shooters, not those with practical field experience with an AK. You wanna stick your head up at 500 yards with open sight AK-74 armed Spetznaz soldier shooting at you?

I shoot my AK regularly at 150 yards offhand and from field positions. My target is clay pigeons and I hit those little 3 1/4" targets with boring regularity. I wouldn't mind an AR, in 6.8, or something more decent - but that gas system still gives me the heebies.

Ex-co-worker *loved* the AR. I commented on the lack of reliability “Oh, yeah, if you're a dumb ass” he'd say. “Trick is, whenever you stop for anything, you oil it, if you're stopping for more than 20 minutes, give it a quick once-over, and clean it daily” “Uh, how often would you do that for an AK?” “Shit, you don't clean those, just shoot them a couple times, they're good to go”

USMCFords

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco 2, Bronc
Engine Size
2.9, 5.0
Transmission
Manual
The AK (I'm talking about the Vepr) is stone totally reliable under almost any imaginable circumstances, and is accurate enough to produce inch or inch and a half groups at 100 yards.

All this stuff about AK inaccuracy is the stuff of bench rest shooters, not those with practical field experience with an AK. You wanna stick your head up at 500 yards with open sight AK-74 armed Spetznaz soldier shooting at you?

I shoot my AK regularly at 150 yards offhand and from field positions. My target is clay pigeons and I hit those little 3 1/4" targets with boring regularity. I wouldn't mind an AR, in 6.8, or something more decent - but that gas system still gives me the heebies.

Ex-co-worker *loved* the AR. I commented on the lack of reliability “Oh, yeah, if you're a dumb ass” he'd say. “Trick is, whenever you stop for anything, you oil it, if you're stopping for more than 20 minutes, give it a quick once-over, and clean it daily” “Uh, how often would you do that for an AK?” “Shit, you don't clean those, just shoot them a couple times, they're good to go”
Ok are we talking 47 or 74? I don't do much bench rest shooting. Mainly running drills and swaps between pistol and rifle. Any "bench" shooting I do is moving from different covers(low, kneeling, and high) at distances from 350-600 yards. I train how I fight. And I won't be fighting with an AK when my AR is just as reliable. Would I stick my head up at 500 yards with someone with a 74 trying to shoot me? Yes, I've done it before, and guess which one survived that. And yes, it was a 74. Everyone we "got" from that group had new 74s and a couple SUs. I've carried an M16 in both AOs and never had one problem with reliability, even in all-night firefights, where I'd run through 10 full mags in about 20 minutes. It's all on the operator, not the gun. Now, if you want to start off at 500 yards, I'll play my AR against your AK. I'll even use my 16" basic rifle with irons.

Oh, and I have practical field experience with both platforms.

Last edited:

c_note

September 2009 OTOM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger/Explorer
Engine Size
4.0 sohc
Transmission
Manual
i have a few rifles and my brother built a few rifles and a 1911 at school. we have a nice collection at my parents house but i have yet to put an M203 grenade Launcher on my AR. last time my POG ass shot one was in MCT.
i like to hunt wild hogs with 22LR for the rush. no i dont hunt with dogs or sit in a gay ass tree stand either. the only way is to prowl.

well heres the AR my brother built with a .936" barrel...

[URL=http://img15.imageshack.us/i/0504091933a1.jpg/][/URL]

[URL=http://img15.imageshack.us/i/05040919311.jpg/][/URL]

[URL=http://img11.imageshack.us/i/05040919331.jpg/][/URL]

and my 1911a1 Springfield Armory .38 Super

[URL=http://img193.imageshack.us/i/1911a1.jpg/][/URL]

Mosinman76254

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989, 1995
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Cologne 2.9 and 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
USMC... I for one would've never posted that pic, it's not in the least impressive. My frickin 30-30 shoots better groups than that with open sights, then again it depends on the shooter. And as far as the Mosin Nagant you obviously know nothing of C&Rs nor do you know who you're talking to!

Last edited:

tony314

Firefighter
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
I have a chubby now after seeing your collection.

I'm about to start buying a few firearms myself soon.

tony314

Firefighter
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
USMC... I for one would've never posted that pic, it's not in the least impressive. My frickin 30-30 shoots better groups than that with open sights, then again it depends on the shooter. And as far as the Mosin Nagant you obviously know nothing of C&Rs nor do you know who you're talking to!
Please tell me you are not serious? That was a pretty good grouping by Military standards.Hell even by law enforcement standards. 9 out of 10 times bad grouping is due to the shooter. Not the weapon. I used to keep a tight grouping with the M-16 and M-4 while in the Army at over 350 meters with no problem.

Did you really also find it necessary to use the term " NOR DO YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE TALKING TO" ? Seriously? Makes you come off as an ego maniac and some sort of high profile weapons expert! You might be one, but that statement was a bit much.

Mosinman76254

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989, 1995
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Cologne 2.9 and 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
I apologize if I offended you Tony. I guess I was reflecting anger towards the dude cuz he thought nothing of trashing this whole site cuz no one... as he said... got off their lazy ass and did something for him. And also you are right once again when you said it depends on the shooter. The comment, nor who do you know who you're talking to, isn't anything about being an ego maniac, quite the contrary, I meant that I have years of experience with older, surplus, rifles. So when I was admonishing his target pic I was admonishing the shooter, not the weapon. Me, an expert, not at all. Military experience, shooting at 1,000 yards and 600 to zero in. So his mediocre 150 yard pic is nothing, but that is my... and only my, opinion. Basically to sum and end this subject I think he's a fake and it pisses me off to see someone pose as one of our Military's finest!

adv5500

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
needs more BAYO
badass collection

USMCFords

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco 2, Bronc
Engine Size
2.9, 5.0
Transmission
Manual
I apologize if I offended you Tony. I guess I was reflecting anger towards the dude cuz he thought nothing of trashing this whole site cuz no one... as he said... got off their lazy ass and did something for him. And also you are right once again when you said it depends on the shooter. The comment, nor who do you know who you're talking to, isn't anything about being an ego maniac, quite the contrary, I meant that I have years of experience with older, surplus, rifles. So when I was admonishing his target pic I was admonishing the shooter, not the weapon. Me, an expert, not at all. Military experience, shooting at 1,000 yards and 600 to zero in. So his mediocre 150 yard pic is nothing, but that is my... and only my, opinion. Basically to sum and end this subject I think he's a fake and it pisses me off to see someone pose as one of our Military's finest!
Well it's a good thing I have nothing to prove to you, or I might be offended chief. And I still think you are a moron for claiming 1/5 MOA out of your Mosin. Next you'll tell me it's with a M38 or 44 right? And what, you want me to scan my DD214 for you? Cry me a river.

tony314

Firefighter
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
I'm not offended in the slightest. I'm married so it takes more. :p

USMCFords

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco 2, Bronc
Engine Size
2.9, 5.0
Transmission
Manual
Military experience, shooting at 1,000 yards and 600 to zero in. So his mediocre 150 yard pic is nothing, but that is my... and only my, opinion.
1,000 yards huh? Just some more bullshit spewing. Next you'll tell me your $79 Mosin was your issued rifle as well? And if you knew anything about semi-autos, ARs, and Wolf ammo, you'd know that little group isn't bad at all. Just under 1 MOA. here's another one, little guy. I took my time on this group. You can boast all day about your little Mosin, but I train how I fight, and I won't be fighting with a $79 mosin. Oh and here's one where I was in Afghanistan, since you seem to be the fake, let's see some of yours.

Last edited:

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals