• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Any experience with grafting newer armrests to older door panels ?

Trailrated92

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hey guys, anyone have any experience with grafting newer style Explorer or Ranger door armrests onto Gen II door panels ? I've finally gotten the last of the pieces I needed for my interior project. Picked up the power window/door lock switches, harness, motors , regulators , etc yesterday from a guy parting out a 89 Bronco II.

Im thrilled to have finally gotten this stuff, especially for only 40 bucks, and he threw in a set of Eddie Bauer front power buckets as well ! But I dont really like the mounting position ( in the door panel) and the outdated look of the switches and trim. Since Im completely re doing the interior, I'd LOVE to be able to graft on a newer set of arm rests with the switches located in the armrest itself if its at all possible. But this is totally uncharted territory for me. I'll live with what I have if I must, just having the pwr windows/locks is great, but if I can spend a little bit and use something newer for locating and mounting the switches thats really what I'd like to do.

Any ideas ???

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals