• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Another Setback

rurouni20xx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
no but lets just say i like to learn from others mistakes b4 i attempt the mistake. that and i learned very quick i have no patience for whining and nagging, and fully understand why my dad busted out the belt on us when we were kids.

anupaum

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Ok, so let's see if I can get this thread back on track!

I've been down with the flu for the last week, but I felt well enough today to begin tearing everything apart again. It took about an hour to completely remove the blower. I pulled out the heater fan, too.

Although I've been using a GM (cough! cough!) heater fan (because it's smaller than the Ford unit that came with the truck), Cadillac fan motor that I have sticks out half as far from the firewall. Tomorrow, we'll be going out to Abbotsford and I'm hoping I can find a replacement squirrel cage for the Cadillac fan motor. (The other GM one I have is a different design and it won't fit!)

Once I've got the fan problem fixed, I can put the blower back on and try to line everything up again . . .

Patience, patience, patience!!!

Bill G

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3, 2.8
Transmission
Manual
What year and model Caddy did the fan come from?

anupaum

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
What year and model Caddy did the fan come from?
It was a 2004 El Dorado. Apparently, there are some other "fits" for this fan:

2002 - 2005 Buick Le Sabre

2002 - 2003 Olds Aurora

2002 - 2005 Pontiac Bonneville

I'm not sure the fans are exactly the same, but the part numbers interchange.

Bill G

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3, 2.8
Transmission
Manual
If you don't have any luck I have located a few in Tucson for $30-50. Let me know if you need any help

anupaum

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
If you don't have any luck I have located a few in Tucson for $30-50. Let me know if you need any help
We went into Abbotsford this afternoon, and I found a squirrel cage that will fit if I turn it upside down. (The fins go the right way if it's upside down!) I'll have to get some of that fancy epoxy to attach the thing, but I THINK this will work! (Thanks for your offer of help, Bill! If this doesn't pan out, you'll probably be hearing from me!)

We're leaving for Victoria tomorrow morning and won't be back until Sunday. I thought I had some of that expoy at home, but I guess I've used it all. Once I get everything properly attached, I'll begin putting the truck together and give everyone another update.

Davis

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Good luck Robert, I hope you can get it sorted out. I hate to see all these issues, but your project definitely sets you apart from the crowd.

anupaum

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Good luck Robert, I hope you can get it sorted out. I hate to see all these issues, but your project definitely sets you apart from the crowd.
Keep me in your prayers!

I'm on Vancouver Island this weekend. I'll have to wait until I get back late Sunday before I can do the mods . . .

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals