• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Already bled?

Fryedbm

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Yeah, it should engage about 2" from the resting position of the pedal, it is how hydraulic clutches should be I believe, most cable clutches I've driven release closer to the floor, but the hydraulic clutch on my F350 with a ZF 5 speed releases soon similar to both my Rangers. When the friction business of the clutch is warn out they disengage as soon as you move the pedal and slip if you are in a low gear and floor it up a hill. When there is a hydraulic issue normally the clutch won't disengage at all even with the pedal at the floor.
I already tore out the hydraulics and replaced them. Lol

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
You replaced 2 out of 3 pieces of the hydraulic system, but yeah... When my clutch stopped engaging on me last October I lucked out and it was just the master cylinder holding pressure and not releasing for a while... drove about 400 miles not using the clutch pedal unless I stopped, had one use then it wouldn't engage...

Fryedbm

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
You replaced 2 out of 3 pieces of the hydraulic system, but yeah... When my clutch stopped engaging on me last October I lucked out and it was just the master cylinder holding pressure and not releasing for a while... drove about 400 miles not using the clutch pedal unless I stopped, had one use then it wouldn't engage...
Which part did I not replace?

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
oh, did you replace the slave cylinder? If so, then you got it all, I thought you just got as far as seeing it was plastic, you work quick then! Sorry about that, if you replaced it then you should be good to go for a while then.

Fryedbm

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
oh, did you replace the slave cylinder? If so, then you got it all, I thought you just got as far as seeing it was plastic, you work quick then! Sorry about that, if you replaced it then you should be good to go for a while then.
Ya. Slave is new as well. Just waiting for the rest so I can put it all back together.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals