• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

a trim vortech

ex91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
96 ranger 3.0 auto i have a a trim just sitting here i can fab it up to work that easy but what about takeing timeing out of a coil pack set up???? can i get a tunner and do that??

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
theres more to tuning the truck than just retarding the timing. but yes, being that your truck is OBDII, it can be reprogrammed with a tuner.

your going to need some heafty fuel system upgrades to support a turbo. the stock injectors are good for about 155HP.

ex91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
o ok WELL THANKS a turbo??? i sayed a a-trim vortech(supercharger) any one know what sive the stock inj are???? im planning on 6 ot 9 pounds boost the a trim can put out more than that but it would be fun in this truck.:icon_bounceblue:

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
the stock injectors are 14lb/hr.

inferno94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
I guess for comparison my turbo mazda 1.8 came from the factory with 330cc injectors and had 180hp factory, and can support approx 250 crank hp with out raising fuel pressure above 38psi.

So they gave it 1320cc of injectors in total for 180hp reliably.

I don't know how to convert cc rated injectors into lb rated but I thought it was something like 10cc = 1 lb/min?

So assuming that conversion holds and you want 250 crank hp you need 1320/6= 220cc or 22lb injectors at approx 38psi fuel pressure (WHAT DOES THE 3L RUN PSI WISE?). That and everything el$e required to manage them.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
most fuel injected vehicles run around 40+/-PSI, the 3.0 included.

220cc's is closer to 21lb/hr. but 21lb injectors are on the ragged edge for this application.

running your fuel injectors past 80% duty cycle is a bad idea. you run a serious risk of leaning out if everything is not 100% (like say, a fuel filter that is not-so-fresh or injectors with some mileage on them). on top of that, your PCM has less precise control of the a/f mixture due to the high injector pulse rate.

assuming a target maximum duty cycle of 80% (the safety margin ford uses), and a BSFC of .5, he would need at least 26lb/hr worth of injector at each cylinder to support 250HP.

remember its better to run too much injector than too little.

ex91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
thanks if i do run 6 to9 pis any idea how much power it would make???

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
from about 9 PSI i would expect right around 250HP, and some decent torque.

ex91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i have the a trim i can get inj s any where but the barnd of tunner would you say i should go with???? wicked you seam to be the guy on the 3.0 side any info would be great has any one ever run a a trim on a 3.0 ???

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
a tuner is a tuner. just look for one with the features you want. datalogging is nice, but not necissary. a lot of companies (like SCT) offer custom programming, which will save you a little work, but may not provide optimum results.

i havnt heard of anyone running an a-trim before...but then i dont pay much attention to super and turbocharger denotations. there are plenty of force-induced 3.0's out there. check out RPS or google ford probe forums. the probe guys are big on boosting the 3.0 and are probably your best bet for information on the subject.

ex91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals