Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Hello,

I’m working on my ‘97 Ranger. The previous owner hit a deer. It took out the grill, and both the headlights, and smashed up the passenger fender.

I have a ‘98 that got T-boned a few years ago. The bed and back of the cab are destroyed, and the frame is bent but it has a pretty good looking front end on it. I know the grill and headlights are different from year to year, but is it possible to put the whole front “clip” as people used to call it from the ‘98 onto the ‘97? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 57CD9601BD5AB4 Expires: July 1, 2019

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '94, '80
Make / Model
Ford, GMC
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hi. Probably.
Im not familiar with those years but Ive done a front clip swap on earlier years. Basically take off everything you can unbolt including the doors. Then find a drill bit meant for removing spot welds.
1) look at the inner fenders and if there is a difference between the two years then drill out the welds holding the inner fenders to the cab. IIRC there are 29 on each side.
OR
2) Otherwise drill out the spot welds holding the rad support to the inner fenders and swap. No need to remove doors.