• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

97 M/T Wiring Harness Interchange

Rockstar04

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
I Swapped a manual trans into my 97 3.0 4x4 Ranger a few months ago, and just hacked the automatic trans harness to work (bypass the NSS).

Currently I have no reverse lights and the bypass wire is pretty much just twisted together, so I want to source the correct harness to replace the whole thing with.

TL;DR

Will 2.3, 3.0, 4.0 Manual transmission wiring harness (plugs in from back of motor) work with my truck (97 3.0 4x4)?

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Just loop the neutral safety wires right with solder and heat shrink, the snip the reverse wires in the auto harness and solder on the MT reverse switch pigtail. The colors even match up.

-PlumCrazy

Rockstar04

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
understood, and I have the reverse plug I bought new from the parts store, but that still leaves the wiring for the auto trans down there and I would prefer to clean everything up with the correct harness.

Plus I was wishing that the correct harness would magically make 4LO work with the manual trans as well.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals