• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

94 Rngr Hybrid w/rack, o/h lights and shell.

The_Ghost

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3Lima Twin-Spark
Transmission
Manual
Just got done making myself a surf rack and also added overhead lights at the same time.

I pulled the rack off of a 1st-gen Exploder, and then mounted it onto my camper shell. I also drilled into the front rack and mounted myself a set of matching Baja off-road lights.

I the upgraded them with 100w H3 bulbs instead of the 55w ones they came with. They are FAR brighter now.

I also cut a hole in my 89-93 -type dash just below the headlight switch, and using those weird descending step things, mounted a Fog light switch out of a Volvo down there.

Awesome, right?

Well, even better, last night I converted from Fan Clutch to Electric fan-- I am using a Maradyne MFA110 electric fan thermostatic controller -- total of about $50, including the fan, controller and all hardware. Expect a writeup on it.

Anyways, opinions on the truck's new look? It's very close to where I want it to be, the last item will be an offset Mustang GT hood scoop off of a 99-04 GT, but the scoop will be offset like a Mustang SVO, to feed the SVO/TC/XR7/XR4Ti intercooler when that project finally completes-- I scarcely have more than the turbo, manifold and injectors right now.

Opinions?

-Ghost

Last edited:

bcost882

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000, 2011
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L, 1.6L
Transmission
Manual
i like how you kept the brush guard from your 92 haha. looks pretty good

The_Ghost

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3Lima Twin-Spark
Transmission
Manual
It's a Brush guard from I think an 88-92?? One of the square-light 80's rangers. It was the only brush guard I was able to find, but I like it :D

The truck's a 94 but has a 98-02 nose on it and an 89-93 interior. I'm using 1994 Explorer Eddie Bauer wheels with 30" BF Goodrich Bajas on it. I also added Explorer Sport flares. The front look fine, but I think I might get another set for the rear and try again.

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
nice work man!! those lights look really nice on the shell

The_Ghost

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3Lima Twin-Spark
Transmission
Manual
Thanks R-sport :)

I see you've made a few changes since I last saw yours

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals