• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

93 ranger 2.3 wanna be turbo

kamshaft

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i have a 93 2.3l ranger with the dual plug head. it is my dd until i get done with my v8 but i want a fuz more pep i have an egr block cold air e3 plugs and stock exhaust minus muffler. i wanted to do this swap along time ago so i got an 87 merker XR4TI motor but found out its the european version and the plugs are not exactly the same. i was thinking ,would it be possable to get another 2.3 just like this stock ranger one and pull the internals and put my 2.3t internals in and use my turbo manifold but set it up for 3-5 psi and not use the turbo spacific sensors just maybe throw 1 size bigger injectors in n just swap it like im replacing the stock with another stock motor and run it???

pinturbo75

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
93 is still obd1 and everything will just swap over.... to reping the harness is only a few wires and adding a few for the vam.... the motor is the same as a turbocoupe or svo mustang so no european weirdness there.. it would be a fairly easy swap...

kamshaft

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
to you maybe lol too much work for just a dd at this point if i knew exactly what to do i would

kamshaft

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i just worry about it running like crap.

kamshaft

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
well the 3-5 would be with my stock computer and no turbo spacific sensors

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
the only "turbo specific sensor" is the vane airflow meter, there's not much different from your '93, do a search for my posts in this area on my swap, most of it will be the same as on a '93 including keeping the DIS...

kamshaft

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
but can my stock computer support this sensor? and im not sure exactly how if i seen it done i could do it but where can i see someone else that did the same thing?

kamshaft

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i just want it to be like a weekend swap because it is my dd and i need it for work thats y id get another 2.3 out of another 93 ranger n just swap the internals for now and do the swap in a day run it straight from the turbo to the throttlebody at really low boost for now no intercooler, that would go on the next weekend if i had time haha i need the truck to run for work haha anybody have any pics or info bout a swap like the same?? and detailed info and pics about what you did?

Gotta_gofast

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6.0L Powerstroke
Transmission
Automatic
Might want to pick up a second vehicle. If you don't know exactly what you are getting into and you NEED the truck by monday you are setting yourself up for failure. Custom jobs and mods should NEVER have a timeframe. It causes the builder to rush to get it done in time and can easily leave you ****ed without a plan B.

kamshaft

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yea i think im just going to finish my v8 for next spring and once that is reliable ill use that for a dd while i screw with the turbo ranger but there has to b a simple way to do it and run low boost right like with all stock ranger stuff except the internals? in my head it works but in my head and it being as simple as i think and actually working out like that are 2 different things id like to just actually see pike pics or vids of what other people did . not tryn to half a$$ it to have a turbo like i want to do

kamshaft

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
go through my other posts n tell me wat u think of my v8 i hav a slide show of it its a work in progress

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals