• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

92 3.0 What's this line???

slycer2002

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I was replacing the blower motor on my truck recently, and when I was moving the air box out of the way, I noticed a steel line coming out of the rear of my air box that had broken. There is a rubber line on the left rear of the air box that hooks around and comes back up to the front of the engine, and on the right rear is the metal line, and it looks like it runs somewhere into the engine. I have to admit I did not take the time to track down the other end of the line as it was f'ing freezing outside, and the truck still runs, albeit rather poorly at times. If anyone could offer any help on this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

bcost882

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000, 2011
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L, 1.6L
Transmission
Manual
pics? if we see exactly what your talking about we won't have to shoot in the dark

slycer2002

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I figured someone would ask that. My wife's camera is broken, and my cell phone camera is sh*tty. I was looking all over the net for a diagram, or something, that I could use. I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the quick reply.

slycer2002

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
This is the best that I can do, for now. I'm sorry, it doesn't actually show the line itself, but it does show exactly where the line plugs into the air box. I hope this helps. By the way, I have never tried to post an image before, and am only partially sure of how its done. I hope this works.

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
It's a vacuum line that goes to the manifold at one end and the temperature control in the air box at the other. You need to either fix it or plug it, fix it is preferable.

bcost882

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000, 2011
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L, 1.6L
Transmission
Manual
I'm goin to have to agree with martin. and definately fix

slycer2002

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I was going to fix it, that wasn't the issue. I just didn't know what it was. Do any of you know whether there is a replacement line available anywhere, or if I am going to have to improvise? Thanks again.

bcost882

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000, 2011
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L, 1.6L
Transmission
Manual
Instead of searching for it cause it with be a pain just get a length of hose shouldn't be too much

slycer2002

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I had thought of that as well, but I wanted to make sure that would be okay. I figured that one was made of metal for a reason. But, if you think just getting a length of hose will work, then that's what I'll do. Thanks.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals