• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

89 bronco ii

Bwin57

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford bronco ii
Transmission
Manual
I have 89 bronco ii manual transmission needs to be replaced so I'm wondering what year of vehicle would I be able to replace my transmission with that would be a fairly easy swap ?

Last edited:

DirtBronco

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Just so I'm understanding you... You want to downgrade from a 5-speed to a 4-speed?

Bwin57

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford bronco ii
Transmission
Manual
Just so I'm understanding you... You want to downgrade from a 5-speed to a 4-speed?
I have 89 bronco ii manual transmission needs to be replaced so I'm wondering what year of vehicle would I be able to replace my transmission with that would be a fairly easy swap ?

DirtBronco

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
You most likely have a Mitsubishi FM145 or FM146.
If you cannot find a Bronco II; any 4WD Ranger and Explorer with a stick shift up to '97 should be a direct swap.
I would assume even beyond that, but that's when the TTB front end finished production so I cant say for sure.
Most, if not all, Rangers and Explorers are Mazda M50D which is a better performer to the 145/6 but they will still match the bellhousing of your 2.9.

Edit: what's wrong with your transmission?

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals