• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

89 BII timing off or?

IMenriched

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02'
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9 & 5.4
Transmission
Automatic
Ok, here's the poop. Sunday I decided that the problem was going to take too long to solve, so tonight I started to get the engine for ready to be removed. I slid under the BII to drain the oil and when I loosened the oil plug the 1st liquid to come out was antifreeze. I filled 2 oil change pans with this mixture. Looks like the heads are cracked or something like that. When it is out it can go on the stand to be worked over.

I will pull it this week and put in a 2.9 from my other BII that is rusted away yet runs well. That is after replacing the valve cover gaskets..

One question; there is an oil level monitor on the side of the oil pan. Does the connector just pull off or? Any other little things to watch for when pulling this engine???
yes, later 2.9 came with a oil level sensor...just told you when you were low, not too full. my 86' didn't have it, but newer ones I noticed did.
Should have a connector.

as to what to watch for....just label everything, on both & before removal....makes life much much better when putting things back together

piotrsko

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
83-85/86/87/88
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
11" KOSTOV 192V
Transmission
Manual
should be a connection somewhere that pulls apart near the sensor . I'm a Geezer, remember?

Be careful with the harnesses, by now they have gone brittle.

jballen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The engine is out!

Now to remove the donor engine!!

And repair the broken O2 sensor and other stuuf that is easy to get at now...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals