• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

85 Bronco II Lift and Tire Suggestions for a Newbie

electriken

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Everyone thanks for all the information that I have read over the past couple weeks. I have an 85 II that is all stock and I would like to put a lift kit in. I'm thinking around a 3 or 4 inch so that I can put some 32x11.5 under it in a month or so. Eventually a 302 will go into this project as well but that is down the road.

I have two questions that I need advice for:

1) I'm on a budget and need to know what the best lift is out there for the dollar and also that would give me the least amount of trouble or modifications as I really need this to be a weekend project if possible. Also need to know what extras besides lift and shocks I will need to get.

2) I have 2 local tire stores in town where I can get either some Maxxis MT-762 Bighorn or Cooper Discoverer STT tires. The bighorn will run me $1025 and the Cooper will be $100 more. Anybody have any experience with other or? I use the truck daily and put about 800+ miles on it monthly.

any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated as I am new to all this :)

Thanks!

inuyasha2875

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i used a rough country 4in lift it was fairly eazy to put on payed $500 on ebay i had 32's on it but could of used a 2in body lift

V8 BroncoII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I used 4 inch Trailmaster and 3 inch body lift. Cleared 33 inch thornbirds til I put on cutout flares and 35 inch boggers.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals