• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

5r55e transmission

DevinMull

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Well let's start for the beginning I was driving home from work one day and I get on the interstate and it work shift into overdrive the the o\d light starts flashing I continue to drive it home about 20 miles. By the time I get home I barley make it into the driveway just stops no gears at all. So I pull the tranny rebuild it new clutch's o rings gaskets bands troque converter. I test the solenoids they tested OK. Get it all back together and the damn thing still doing the samething. When its cold it shifts with some slipping. When it gets warm it won't go in to gear any gear. Oh yea I check the vb for warpage. The only things I haven't done is taken it to have it scanned or done a line pressure check. When in reverse its like its in N until u give it gas u can feel it shift into reverse. I also treat my lil ranger like it a one ton. I have a plower on the front and haul more wood than what the truck weight is. I pull trees limbs. Pretty much everything it wasnt design to do i do with mine. Any help will be great. I'm about to give up lol. Thanks

Last edited:

35Remmy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
Check the line pressures!!!! I kept blowing out planetary gears (2) because the "reputable" shop I had rebuild the trans (5r55e) didn't check the line pressure. 200 miles later and she would go boom, then back to the OD light blinking and limp mode. She ain't gonna move if she don't have a pulse!

DevinMull

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
What should the line pressure be or around abouts

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals