• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

410 ci Marduke?

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
anybody hear of an engine call the 410 Marduke? I seen one today in a 72 F250 at a pick and pull in Wisconsin getting some parts for my totaled peterbilt. wish i would have had my phone on me.

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
Mercury/Lincoln had an old 410 that was used in the early 60s????? I think it used an FE (360, 390) pattern so it may of been swapped in.

later,
Dustin

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Mercury/Lincoln had an old 410 that was used in the early 60s????? I think it used an FE (360, 390) pattern so it may of been swapped in.

later,
Dustin

thats what it looked like, and FE block.

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Yeah i dont know much about them, other then they were big, heavy, torquey, and slow revving. Kinda like a 300 with 2 extra cyls.

Truthfully ive only had experince with one and that was in an old like 60's merc (or lincoln, cant remeber i was like 12), and it had a shit load of power, but used the gas. Im pretty sure it was never used from the factory in a pickup, but that truck was prolly originally a 360 or 390 and it was swapped in.

later,
Dustin

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Heres some info i found on shitipiedia, take it for what its worth...

Ford developed the MEL ("Mercury-Edsel-Lincoln") engine series for use in their line of Mercury models from 1958 through 1967. The MEL also replaced Lincoln's unique Y-block design. These engines were produced in Lima, Ohio at Ford's Lima Engine plant. They were replaced by the 385 series engines.

All MEL engines had wedge shaped combustion chambers formed between a flat head surface and an angle milled block deck (10 degrees off square with the bore axis), with the piston top determining the compression ratio and combustion chamber shape, similar to the Chevrolet Big-Block 348 combustion chamber, also introduced in 1958, and the later 409. Unlike the Chevrolet, which had staggered valves and scalloped or M shaped valve covers, the MEL valves were inline with shaft mounted rocker arms like the FE model Ford engines which were introduced at the same time. As with the previous generation V8's, an open runner intake manifold was used, requiring the use of a stamped steel lifter valley cover similar to that of the Pontiac V8 engines. Also, the intake manifold provided no exhaust crossover passage to warm the air/fuel mixture, relying solely on the heat riser mounted over the left exhaust manifold to provide heat for warming the air/fuel mixture.

The MEL was similar to the Ford FE, with the same oiling system, bolt patterns, and valve stems, but was even larger. The main bearings were 2.9 in (74 mm), while the rod bearings were huge at 2.6 in (66 mm). The connecting rod beam had a unique triangular shape with the shoulders for the bolts sitting low toward the cap mating surface (1/2 in.).

The least-common MEL engine was the 410 cu in (6.7 L) E-475. Bore was lower at 4.2 in (106.7 mm). 10.5.1 compression, a Holley four-barrel carb, and hydraulic lifters pushed out 333 hp (248 kW) and 475 ft·lbf (644 Nm) of torque. This engine was only used in the 1958 Edsel Corsair and Citation.

*EDIT*....

I found there was another 410 V8 produced....probley the one you seen...

410 cubic inch

This is a 390 block with a 428 crankshaft

Four barrell carb.

The stroke is increased .020 in for a total of 3.98 inches

Only used in Mercury vehicles from 1966 to 1967

The second one sounds more along the lines of an FE, but that MEL engine sounds intresting...475ftlbs....i bet thats a fun engine...thats almost as much torque as a 440 mopar.

Last edited:

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
thanks dustin. If you want it, its complete and runs, has a 4spd.

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Great research job Dustin. I was about to do that.

I have seen only one of those, a 462. It was in a junkyard in Escondido.

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Id like to have it....truthfully i have no use for it. The only thing i could see putting it in would be my mudtruck turned daily driver and i see no reason in ripping out a good running 390.

Come to think of it my buddies dad used to have a 410 sitting in his barn. I dont know if he still has it or not because hes cleaned up alot of junk. (I crap you not at one time he had enough late 70's Ford truck parts to build one complete, well running, good loooking, truck, from pieces of others).

What junkyard is it in?....and where is barrien springs? I remember you saying you went down around eden/edgerton ohio to get a load once...i work at the menards DC down in holiday city...so im wondering how far you live from me....

Oh and will...thanks for the compliment dude.

later,
Dustin

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
take I94 west to exit 28 and go south on M139 for 10 miles. I am 10 miles south of Benton Harbor. or take hwy 12 west to US31 and go north to exit 13 and east into town. I seen the Pickup in a pick and pull for big trucks about 20 min south of Milwaukee. There is a Menards DC in Holiday city? I knew of the one in Eau Claire and I was contracted to the one in Plano.

Ruffinit

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996, 2003
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.3 Duratec
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys,
I had a 410 in my '69 F100 for years. When I first bought the truck I thought that it had the common 360 in it, but after months of checking out part numbers I found that it was the '67 Merc 410. Made only in '66 and '67 as above in their big cars like the Marquis for instance, somebody swapped it into my truck. Absolutely the best TRUCK engine I've ever had. 444 ft/lbs torque with 335 HP stock. It's basically a 428 stroked 390. If you like FEs (I do) then you'll LOVE this engine.. Used to take it over to the Dodge dealer just for fun because they used to brag about the pulling power of the Cummins. I embarassed them on more than one occasion... This truck also had a dana full posi rear end. I would love to have another, but alas I have nothing to put it in. I still have all the specs and papers on that engine. The 4bbl carb was specifically designed and used only on that engine.

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
take I94 west to exit 28 and go south on M139 for 10 miles. I am 10 miles south of Benton Harbor. or take hwy 12 west to US31 and go north to exit 13 and east into town. I seen the Pickup in a pick and pull for big trucks about 20 min south of Milwaukee. There is a Menards DC in Holiday city? I knew of the one in Eau Claire and I was contracted to the one in Plano.
Yeah, it actually sits east of pioneer about 2 miles. But its address is holiday city.

It just became functional in the past two years or so.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys,
I had a 410 in my '69 F100 for years. When I first bought the truck I thought that it had the common 360 in it, but after months of checking out part numbers I found that it was the '67 Merc 410. Made only in '66 and '67 as above in their big cars like the Marquis for instance, somebody swapped it into my truck. Absolutely the best TRUCK engine I've ever had. 444 ft/lbs torque with 335 HP stock. It's basically a 428 stroked 390. If you like FEs (I do) then you'll LOVE this engine.. Used to take it over to the Dodge dealer just for fun because they used to brag about the pulling power of the Cummins. I embarassed them on more than one occasion... This truck also had a dana full posi rear end. I would love to have another, but alas I have nothing to put it in. I still have all the specs and papers on that engine. The 4bbl carb was specifically designed and used only on that engine.
All the FE's seemed to be pretty powerful engines. Ive never had a 352 or 360 but i know this 390 i got in my 76 is pretty awesome. For being all stock and worn out it turned my 38's in the mud just as good as the 454 Chevys i was running with. Now that i got it back to "stockish" (4in lift with 33's) its a real powerhouse. Put er' in 2nd (4sp w/creeper) and dump the clutch and watch the 33's just bellow.

To bad it only gets about 6MPG.

later,
Dustin

later,
Dustin

Last edited:

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
All the FE's seemed to be pretty powerful engines. Ive never had a 352 or 360 but i know this 390 i got in my 76 is pretty awesome.
360's seem to differ a bit. My buddy had one that he supposedly suped up that turned out to be a gutless turd, but another that I drove around for a while was like crazy ridiculous, and it was just an old beat up farm truck.

My only experience with the 352 was the one my buddy (the one with the 360 turd) had for a while...ate 3 sets of crank bearings before he figured out that the crank was bent.

And the 390 is sick too..my dad had one in a 75 F250. Lots of power.

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
I have driven a few but I have never actually had a 390. My dad had a 73 F100 that had a 360 and it was a stump puller and I had for 2 weeks a 72 F100 with a 352 that I sold to my former sister inlaw, paid $400 for it, put new head gaskets in it and sold it to her for $1000. I just past up a 70 F250 2wd with a built 390 and 4spd about 7 months ago.

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
You shoulda got that 76 man....that woulda been a hellcious truck

Im going to have to put this 390 up against the 400 in my 78. My 400 isnt exactly stock but i think this 390 might give it a decent run.

later,
Dustin

Last edited:

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
I don't want a 2wd. IMO a 2wd pick up is almost as worthless as a stock 302 in a full size. Unless we are talking a dually.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals