• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

3.0L heartthrob

FordMan016

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
big bad 3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I had been thinking of using a heartthob exhaust but open to anything that will give the deepest tone posable and louder than stock.

sound clips would help if anyone has.

danger_ranger05

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Id go with a gibson dual system. They sound really good and they are not that expensive to put on. Just go to gibson website and look what they have to offer.

RedneckRanger69

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 L V6
Transmission
Manual
Yea, Gibson Dual Exhaust systems sound really good, Ive heard em on Youtube.com, Heartthrob's r also pretty good too, but its not gonna b as high quality as the Gibson exhaust system. If u wanna go really cheap, u can get a local muffler shop to put on 2.5 inch diameter pipe rite behind the cat, a Flowmaster Original 40 Series American Thunder muffler, and a 2 1/4 inch diameter tailpipe comin out the back, doing this would probably cost you around $200 - $300, the Flowmaster Original 40 series muffler with larger piping than stock sounds really good, thats what ive got on my 3.0 L but ive got mine dualed out with 3 inch diameter tips comin straight out the back. I think u wuld like the sound of the Flowmaster. I sure do.

SixFoFalcon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Yea, Gibson Dual Exhaust systems sound really good, Ive heard em on Youtube.com, Heartthrob's r also pretty good too, but its not gonna b as high quality as the Gibson exhaust system. If u wanna go really cheap, u can get a local muffler shop to put on 2.5 inch diameter pipe rite behind the cat, a Flowmaster Original 40 Series American Thunder muffler, and a 2 1/4 inch diameter tailpipe comin out the back, doing this would probably cost you around $200 - $300, the Flowmaster Original 40 series muffler with larger piping than stock sounds really good, thats what ive got on my 3.0 L but ive got mine dualed out with 3 inch diameter tips comin straight out the back. I think u wuld like the sound of the Flowmaster. I sure do.
Why would you want 2.5" in front of the muffler and then 2.25" after?

RangerFabWorks

The O.G blackwidow67
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Why would you want 2.5" in front of the muffler and then 2.25" after?
for performance reasons. if you do a single pipe, 2.5 all the way is fine, but if you split after the muffler and do duals, then i would step it down to 2 1/4 as mentioned

SixFoFalcon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
for performance reasons. if you do a single pipe, 2.5 all the way is fine, but if you split after the muffler and do duals, then i would step it down to 2 1/4 as mentioned
Well that makes sense, but that post made it sound like 1 2.25" pipe, not two. :nono:

RangerFabWorks

The O.G blackwidow67
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well that makes sense, but that post made it sound like 1 2.25" pipe, not two. :nono:
right, i know the op said to do a single step down, but i was saying its not needed on a single exhaust. on a dual i would step it down like the op was saying. thats what i meant. hope this makes sence. i just woke up.

RedneckRanger69

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 L V6
Transmission
Manual
yea, its for performance reasons, u see, if your exhaust is going thru a 2.5 inch pipe, and then immediately goes into a 2.25 inch pipe, the exhaust air will compress into the smaller pipe and flow faster out to the tip, the more flow, the more power u gain, just make sure u dont go over 2.5 inch pipes, going too big, will actually decrease horsepower, and rob precious gas mileage, too big of pipe will actually slow down the flow of exhaust.

SixFoFalcon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
yea, its for performance reasons, u see, if your exhaust is going thru a 2.5 inch pipe, and then immediately goes into a 2.25 inch pipe, the exhaust air will compress into the smaller pipe and flow faster out to the tip, the more flow, the more power u gain, just make sure u dont go over 2.5 inch pipes, going too big, will actually decrease horsepower, and rob precious gas mileage, too big of pipe will actually slow down the flow of exhaust.
That's not quite right. The only place smaller piping will help is closer to the exhaust ports (headers, Y-pipe) because higher exhaust velocities there will help scavenge more exhaust from the combustion chambers just before the exhaust valve closes. At that point piston speed is slowing down, so the inertia of the high speed exhaust flow actually reduces the pressure in the combustion chamber (think of it as a partial vacuum). Once the exhaust reaches the first catalytic converter, the scavenging effect ceases and smaller diameter piping does nothing but create more resistance which is a bad thing.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals