• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2nd Gear Grinding

GoGoggansGo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have had the clutch replaced, that included a new slave cylinder and other items replaced. This was 2 to 3 years ago, so I don't remember everything. Just the other day I was driving pretty lividly, and did a quick shit into second, and starting grinding, so I put it in neutral Ok everything was fine shifted fine no issues at all. Then today because I was curious about why the trans did this I try to replicate the same events. Only this time it didn't go into gear, and was grinding only second gear does this. Sometimes first can be a chore to get into but that is common on these Mazda trans. To me I think it is a throwout bearing. Any ideas, and yes I do baby my truck, but I do like to have fun sometimes as well. Could be the syncro. Honestly I plan on buying a mustang in the fall or summer of next year, so I am going to baby the truck til the wheels fall off. Any ideas thanks. constructive criticism

tx3nc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
I'm thinking the 1st/2nd gear hub might not be sliding freely on the main shaft.

GoGoggansGo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'm thinking the 1st/2nd gear hub might not be sliding freely on the main shaft.
maybe I did work with the stick and clutch and I does shift a little better but I am driving more carefully

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals