• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
It's true. You truly can't fix stupid, or obstinance.
👆 This right here is why our nation is going to be strangled to death by the hands of rabid partisanism.

Fast Eddie

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
2x4 on 4x4 Factory Chassis
Tire Size
235/75/15
👆 This right here is why our nation is going to be strangled to death by the hands of rabid partisanism.
Because I don't think the way I'm expected too? That is one of the signs demonstrated by those hell bent on 'Think like I do or you're a RACIST'.

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
For those of us that didn't see Tucker Carlson last night, can we get some context on the work order pictured above?

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Because I don't think the way I'm expected too? That is one of the signs demonstrated by those hell bent on 'Think like I do or you're a RACIST'.
I wasn't aiming anything at you Ed, I only quoted part of your post.

Not being able to fix stupid means that we're never going to be able to get people to realize that the two party system is a scam, and being a devoted republican/Democrat who only votes with their party is about as intelligent as drinking gasoline.

Our problem is, nobody seems to TRULY like freedom as much as they claim to.

Fast Eddie

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
235/75/15
For those of us that didn't see Tucker Carlson last night, can we get some context on the work order pictured above?
The pic didn't come from Tucker. the reference to '...lifetimes...' did. Gump keyed on that. I was trying to point out the impracticality of green energy in its current state by showing the cost. They're being charged by coal-fired power plants and China and India are increasing their coal-based power generation as we sell off our strategic reserves to China to pay down debt. For those that don' know, Congress approved selling oil from the reserves to pay down debt. So instead of printing money and generating an IOU to say, Social Security, they sell our oil.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
The pic didn't come from Tucker. the reference to '...lifetimes...' did. Gump keyed on that. I was trying to point out the impracticality of green energy in its current state by showing the cost. They're being charged by coal-fired power plants and China and India are increasing their coal-based power generation as we sell off our strategic reserves to China to pay down debt. For those that don' know, Congress approved selling oil from the reserves to pay down debt. So instead of printing money and generating an IOU to say, Social Security, they sell our oil.
Read recently that china's building 3000 more coal plants lol, on top of the 6000 they already have?

*read that on the internet*

Fast Eddie

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
235/75/15
I wasn't aiming anything at you Ed, I only quoted part of your post.

Not being able to fix stupid means that we're never going to be able to get people to realize that the two party system is a scam, and being a devoted republican/Democrat who only votes with their party is about as intelligent as drinking gasoline.

Our problem is, nobody seems to TRULY like freedom as much as they claim to.
Apologies and I hear you. I was listening to two people debate the 2 party system and one made reference to the 'wigs' and then the Tea Party. What I'm trying to understand is where things took a U-turn. The 2 party system has worked so well for so long, where and why did it go to hell?

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
It fascinates me how people get so sucked into the liberal mind hive they lose all sense of practicality and an ability to think critically.
What's funny, is I heard a liberal say something very similar about Conservatives.

It's always the other people who are ruining the country.

Not every villain knows he's a Villain

EDIT: For the record I am a Conservative Liberal with a sprinkle of Libertarian

Fast Eddie

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
235/75/15
The pic didn't come from Tucker. the reference to '...lifetimes...' did. Gump keyed on that. I was trying to point out the impracticality of green energy in its current state by showing the cost. They're being charged by coal-fired power plants and China and India are increasing their coal-based power generation as we sell off our strategic reserves to China to pay down debt. For those that don' know, Congress approved selling oil from the reserves to pay down national debt. So instead of printing money and generating an IOU to another government account (e.g. SS), they sell strategic reserves.

Fast Eddie

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
235/75/15
What's funny, is I heard a liberal say something very similar about Conservatives.

It's always the other people who are ruining the country.

Not every villain knows he's a Villain
We've also never had a party call half the country deplorables, racists and semi-fascists. First time for everything, I guess? I get your point.

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
If you're going to make an argument about green energy being impractical (or about critical thinking, for that matter), at least do everyone a favor and come with real information to use as support.

Coal fired power plants account for about 20% of electrical energy generation in the US, and that's declining steadily. So a broad statement that 'they're being charged by coal fired power plants' is simply untrue.

The rest of your posts are rapidly devolving into politics, which is an area we're all better off staying away from.

Bill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Not necessarily no.

What I think they would do is to start barring the registrations of the oldest/dirtiest vehicles first and then work their way up.

pre emissions would get told they can't be registered first, then pre-injection, then obd1 vehicles, then obd2. This could be over the course of 20-25 years.. that would give the populace PLENTY of time to adjust and either buy a newer ICE vehicle that will still be legal for how many ever years it could be or do the 'right thing' and buy an EV. They could say people can still register a gas ICE vehicle as long it's some sort of hybrid..

As Ron has said, the average age of a vehicle on the road in this country is 12 or 13 years..

Going off of that.. I'd day California could probably immideately ban the registration and use of pre-injected vehicles and it wouldn't be an inconvenience to any sort of meaningful amount of its population.

The people who run this country are mongoloids at best. I'm standing firm on that 5k dollar bet.

The bet isn't that ALL gas powered vehicles will be outlawed, but they will definitely be restricted in one way or another..
California isn't going to ban older vehicles. If they were going to ban pre-emissions vehicles they would have done so a long time ago. And, there's no real advantage to banning a carbureted vehicle that gets 20 mpg over allowing fuel injected vehicles that get the same gas mileage to reduce carbon emissions. There's X amount of carbon in a gallon of gas. The only way to reduce it is through better fuel economy. As for the age of vehicles on the road, that is going to vary by location. In some parts of the country rust is the limiting factor. Over here parts availability is the limiting factor. I would guess that about a quarter of the cars here are over 20 years old. Maybe more. I still see mid-80s cars running around with peeling clearcoat.

What will likely happen is prohibiting registration of ICE vehicles after a certain date of manufacture. Washington (state) has already put that idea forth.

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
We've also never had a party call half the country deplorables, racists and semi-fascists. First time for everything I guess?
Where have you been living. This country has been name calling since it's inception. They used to call the native people "Savages" because they didn't know the Language or have written history. Then they gave the Savages disease in blankets. But you're right, This country was great up until about 50 years ago, allegedly.

Fast Eddie

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
235/75/15
If you're going to make an argument about green energy being impractical (or about critical thinking, for that matter), at least do everyone a favor and come with real information to use as support.

Coal fired power plants account for about 20% of electrical energy generation in the US, and that's declining steadily. So a broad statement that 'they're being charged by coal fired power plants' is simply untrue.

The rest of your posts are rapidly devolving into politics, which is an area we're all better off staying away from.
Ok, here you go. I even went out on a limb and used a 'friendly' information source from late 2021: Coal-fired power is on the rise in America for the first time since 2014 - CNN

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
Ok, here you go. I even went out on a limb and used a 'friendly' information source from late 2021: Coal-fired power is on the rise in America for the first time since 2014 - CNN
If you're going to come to class, it helps to do the reading...

The article you cited is crystal clear that this is expected to be a temporary spike based on natural gas prices. Coal has been on the way out for many years already, and there's no reason to expect that trend to change (temporary ups and downs not withstanding).

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals