• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2007 Ranger : Climate fan speed issue

IanRanger07

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Hey Yall,

I have an 07 Ranger sport, with a 3.0. The truck did not come from the factory with AC, only heat.
I've been having some issues recently where my fan speed controls seem to not be working correctly. On the first setting the fan does not blow, 2nd and 3rd blow at the same speed and high works as it should.

I have replaced the climate control panel with one from the junkyard, fuzes seem fine.

any help would be greatly appreciated

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
All you can do is get a meter and start testing some stuff. I will attach the diagram. You can see to the right the large box has the selector switch in it for the speeds, I assume that is what you replaced. It has wires leaving that switch going to the resistor and the fan. You could pull the resistor and see that it is ok and check for ground on each wire as you change speeds with the switch. The fan is fed 12v anytime it's selected to run, and the ground is fed through different resistors to change the speeds. High speed is just a solid ground with no resistor.

Attachments

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
Its probably a bad resistor

r-hindl71

Papa R
Ford Technician
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
235/75R15
Hey Yall,

I have an 07 Ranger sport, with a 3.0. The truck did not come from the factory with AC, only heat.
I've been having some issues recently where my fan speed controls seem to not be working correctly. On the first setting the fan does not blow, 2nd and 3rd blow at the same speed and high works as it should.

I have replaced the climate control panel with one from the junkyard, fuzes seem fine.

any help would be greatly appreciated
Usually when a ford product has a problem with the fan speeds the problem is with the blower motor speed resistor block.

rubydist

TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger FX4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
The blower motor speed resistor block is near the blower motor fan, it is positioned so air moves over it to keep it cool. Your symptoms are typical of a bad resistor in that assembly.

Burnsy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Did you fix it ? Change the blower motor resistor, if that doesn't work, change the pigtail connector for the resistor,splice, 3 wires.......the job is easiest if you remove the windshield wiper reservoir (and pigtail) and coolant reservoir, need to remove air filter box for getting to the final screw in coolant reservoir......sounds like a lot but only takes 5-10 minutes to do that.......THEN your access to the resistor is easy peezy instead of going nuts trying to work in a crazy small space, no space for your hands to work,wrenches,sockets slipping etc.......just 2 screws to take out the resistor 8mm i believe .....little tip: When installing new resistor, connect it to the pigtail first,before you install it

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals