• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2.3L ('02-'11) 2003 Ranger 2.3 Rebuild

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
Here's some. I was afraid to click on the green "continue" in this link. I figured it took you somewhere to buy something.

JoshuaDonMusk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger xlt
Transmission
Automatic
After much delay i got the crankshaft back earlier this week and during install of my new pistons i broke one very slightly so i am waiting on a replacement, i started a new thread asking this question but i am thinking that the main bolts are torque to yield and not reuseable? do i need to take my main bolts out and replace them with new ones?

JoshuaDonMusk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger xlt
Transmission
Automatic
Alrighty guys after a whopping month i got all my parts in and started rebuilding the 2.3 today. Got crank and pistons in, got the head on and am about to do the timing chain and oil pump chain. before i put the head on i put some primer on and some black engine enamel. gonna go with red valve cover, kinda like a 2/3's of a barra!\
2.3 dura.jpg

JoshuaDonMusk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger xlt
Transmission
Automatic
Build is almost done! just working on getting the camshafts back in. problem is, i did not label my cam caps. is there a certain order these must go on? will i be able to tell but the numbers printed onto said caps?
awfafawfawf.jpg

Also, this fell out of the head and i have no clue what it is.
aafaf.jpg

JoshuaDonMusk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger xlt
Transmission
Automatic
The rangers 2.3 is done. just waiting on valve cover bolts to come in. I am having trouble with my valve cover, i have all the bolts and installed them but some would not torque, only spin. worried i pulled and inspected all the bolts and not were stripped or broken. so thats a little odd.

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
If it's stripped somehow a helicoil might work for the ones that are slipping, I might not go after the engine specs for a valve cover tho, just till I thought it secure, along with with some red and let it set up before running it. If you have the right size tap maybe clean it up a bit first in the ones that's slipping

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals