• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2002 clutch

Peril

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Transmission
Manual
2002 level 2 4 liter, 250,000km. about to change clutch slave, should I have a clutch and pilot bearing and just replace them while I am in there?

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
I would if it hasn't been done, would suck to have to get back in there in a few months...

Peril

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Transmission
Manual
I would if it hasn't been done, would suck to have to get back in there in a few months...
yea, that is my feeling. I'm pretty broke these days, I was hoping someone would "say nah, they last forever!"

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
If it's only ran on the highway and not in the city they could last a LONG time, it matters a LOT on how it's driven, could be 15k miles or 150k miles... and unfortunately with the hydraulic clutches you get no warning, they feel the same with the hydraulic system working fine from day one to the day before they start slipping... If you treat it nicely you can limp it along for a while...

If you're doing the work and it isn't a huge inconvenience to do it twice, you could gamble, I've been there... The 4.0L clutch is pretty big so lasts longer... The hardest part is getting the transmission around the exhaust, they do the crossover in the wrong spot to be able to get the trans between the pipe and the trans tunnel without cussing a lot at least on the older ones...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals