• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2001 Explorer transfer case into 2006 Ranger?

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
hey all, from what I've found online the 2001 BW1354 should swap directly into the ranger that also has a 1354, correct? both electric shift.

Pauls 4x4

ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
It should, the only limitation is that there is some variation among them even same vehicle/yeae that mostly doesn't effect anything important. Some lock out "shift on the fly" but other than that with a brain is easy to make work.

For example an explorer transmission took out my "shift on the fly" but I feel safer that way anyways even having already put Manuel hubs on.

(at Valley College in San Bernardino the suspension and performance teacher loves the story of the lady who's 4x4 kicked on in an explorer and shot of a 200 ft cliff in big bear, the 4x switches causing fires, and that whole 24psi tires or they flip things as anecdotes...
And Ford was a brand he liked...

It can't be unlearned. They are all rolling death :icon_surprised:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals