• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2001 3.0 manual trans parts please

88workcar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XL
Transmission
Manual
Where do I buy parts to rebuild this thing or is there a whole kit available? Thanks When put in reverse I go 5' and it stops like I hit a brick wall, and it's sluggish in forward. Dropped driveshaft, issue is definitely in the trans. Also had shaving dust on drain plug and only 1 qrt of fluid left in it.

88workcar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XL
Transmission
Manual
Come on fellas..... someone has to know something. 2001 3.0 2wd manual 5 speed, need parts or a whole rebuild kit.

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
most of us just replace it with a used one.
searching brings up a few sources for parts.
"ford m50d transmission parts"

88workcar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XL
Transmission
Manual
Thanks, I did find a decent price used one. It's just the thought that if I build it, it's all new all good....... I have built several T5s and T56 and tr3550

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Come on fellas..... someone has to know something. 2001 3.0 2wd manual 5 speed, need parts or a whole rebuild kit.
Patience young grasshopper... this is not Facebook, we are not on here with answers 24/7 but I promise you, the answers you get will be better.

Nobody to my knowledge sells a "complete" rebuild kit with everything. You can get bearing kits with or without syncros, both will come with all the seals you need. Beyond that, you will be buying individual parts. Buying "all of it" will be very expensive and you will have a lot of leg work tracking down each piece... here is a manual from Motive Gear:

Parts vendors that I use include USA Standard Gear, Motive Gear, Cobra Transmission, Allstate Gear, Rock Auto, eBay... gear5th, superior.auto.parts, sparksurplus, acerl are all good reputable sellers.

Tear it down, get a look at what you actually need and go from there.

88workcar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XL
Transmission
Manual
Patience young grasshopper... this is not Facebook, we are not on here with answers 24/7 but I promise you, the answers you get will be better.

Nobody to my knowledge sells a "complete" rebuild kit with everything. You can get bearing kits with or without syncros, both will come with all the seals you need. Beyond that, you will be buying individual parts. Buying "all of it" will be very expensive and you will have a lot of leg work tracking down each piece... here is a manual from Motive Gear:

Parts vendors that I use include USA Standard Gear, Motive Gear, Cobra Transmission, Allstate Gear, Rock Auto, eBay... gear5th, superior.auto.parts, sparksurplus, acerl are all good reputable sellers.

Thanks, I got excited, 40 views and no answer lol. I did find a co. on ebay that sells "Kits" and some shafts. The manual will be nice, I will do that now. Thanks

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Thanks, I got excited, 40 views and no answer lol. I did find a co. on ebay that sells "Kits" and some shafts. The manual will be nice, I will do that now. Thanks
I have some other shop manuals & stuff that I can drop on my Google Drive in case you need them too. Main thing is just figuring out exactly what's broken or worn out without unnecessary expense replacing pieces that aren't. Finding another donor transmission might be helpful to rob parts from might be helpful... try to stick with one around the same model year as yours, 4 cylinder or 3.0, 4.0 donor has some different internals.

@gearfather might also have parts, he has mentioned in other threads that he had parts for Mitsubishi transmissions but not sure on Mazdas.

88workcar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XL
Transmission
Manual
Yes sir, tear down and inspect 1st. Hoping it is just a bearing but knowing better lol. The kit has all bearings, seal and syncros, good idea to fresh all of that reguardless of main issue.

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
In a run low on fluid scenario I would expect to find some carnage. The fact that it spins gives some a tiny bit of hope... but I have torn down a few that were just destroyed. One actually had the input shaft welded to the main shaft and all the teeth were missing off the input... I just threw that one in the scrap bin, everything was junk.

On the flip side I rebuilt a FM-145 for my wife's truck and my parts donor had about a quart of water in it. Everything was rust pitted really bad below the water line... some gears had a nice side and a rusty side lol. I wire wheeled them off & ran 'em, that truck is still happily chugging along many miles later, it does make some unusual noises where pitted gears are turning against nice gears... but that's fine.

gearfather

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic

Love the grasshopper comment..

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals