• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2000 Ranger SAS

MaineRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6 4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I have a 2000 Ford Ranger with a Dana 35 IFS front axle and cant find any place near by to buy a dana 44 solid axle. Does anybody have any ideas or websites where I could purchase one. Also any advice on the best or easiest ways so make the swap out sucessful would be nice as well

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
Where are you located?? Depends on what your budget is, how your fabricaton skills are, and your sources or junkyards and salvage yards are, or how far your willing to go to get your parts, What size tires are you wanting to run?? What are your driving habits, IE lead foot, like challenging trails, or a mall crawler...Give us more info and we can help you more:icon_thumby:I always wanted to do SAS on a newer truck!!
SVT

Toreadorranger

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
craigslist.com

MaineRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6 4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Where are you located?? Depends on what your budget is, how your fabricaton skills are, and your sources or junkyards and salvage yards are, or how far your willing to go to get your parts, What size tires are you wanting to run?? What are your driving habits, IE lead foot, like challenging trails, or a mall crawler...Give us more info and we can help you more:icon_thumby:I always wanted to do SAS on a newer truck!!
SVT
Well Im in Maine my budget is whatever I want it to be, Fab skills are well minimal at this time due to lack of tools and space, there are two medium size junkyards in my location, I am perfectly willing to pay shipping for parts, looking to run 33s I am a bit of a lead foot on the mud trails around here umm five days a week I drive on the road mostly but winters here can seem like your on a trail most of the time, I am looking to put in a diff as well.

bozone802

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
get a whole truck if you can. then you know you have complete axles to work with and you have almost all the suspension parts you need. 1978-79 broncos have a dana 44 and ford 9" and the coils up front will make your ride better than leafs.

Toreadorranger

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
good thing you dug up this old thread to tell him that.

PhunkyMunky

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Hah! I'm glad he did, I'm wanting some of the same info, same truck.

I've got a 2000 Ranger XLT Extended cab, and I'm wanting to do a SAS for a dana44, and hoping to get a 6" lift, and put a set of 35's on there. No clue how to achieve this however.

I tend to be a bit of a lead foot, weekend mud and trail running, if that helps.

cajunengineering

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88, 05
Make / Model
Duh! Stupid Que
Engine Size
351w, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
Check out Jeffs Bronco Graveyard, they have a good bit of parts too. Also ebay has a few for around $300-$500.

bozone802

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
haha i did it again, your post was 2 months ago haha oops again

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals