• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2000 2.5 cam questions

remington115

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.5l
Transmission
Manual
i know its been said so many times.so here it is i looking for a cam for my 2000 2.5l what are some good sights to find cams. i want a cam that is argessive and sets my 2.5 above rest.i have a intake and exhaust to let it breath. what specific duration of intake and exhaust and lift. do i need new lifters and springs. what spring tension and height do i need do they come with shims? when i buy a cam does it come with new bearings or do i have to order some. lots of questions. so what needs to be done when i put in a new cam.so if anyone can walk me through this that would be great and with some details and in steps.also is there a trick to do this with out taking the head off like doing one at a time when that cylinder is at tdc so the valve doesnt go into the cylinder.any tips or tricks will help. thanks

Last edited:

SMTGREG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
MGB
Engine Size
2.3 Lima
Transmission
Manual
Check out Lunati , Esslinger and Delta. Give them a call and tell them what you are looking for and the specs on your truck. Be honest on what you will be doing with the truck. They will recommend the best cam. You did not say how many miles on your engine so its hard to recommend what to do to your head. A roller cam makes setup easier than a standard follower cam. Yes you need to change the cam bearings, springs and valve seals. For High lift cams the head needs to be converted to solid lift set up. Get an adjustable pulley to set the cam timing. If you have the money you can get a replacement head with all the goodies.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals