• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2.9 header fitment

94xlt4.0

Article Contributor
ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
i was wondering if anybody knows why the pacesetter headers for the 4wd say they wont fit the automatic with column shift? does anybody have these headers on ther b2 or ranger? i tried emailing pacesetter but apparently customer service isn't a priority there

94xlt4.0

Article Contributor
ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD

gaz

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
87Ranger Endrigo 2.9l, 87BII Endrigo 4.0l
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Ranger 5" (2" suspension), BII 4" suspension
Total Drop
Ranger 5sp, BII A4LD
Tire Size
Ranger 33"/4:10LS, BII 29"/3:73LS
My credo
Deengineer until it is how Blue Oval should have sold it!!
I tried several sets of the Pacesetters. Fortunately I didn't know then what I know now or I would have made them work.

Instead I paid for the JBA's, simple bolt-on, no problem at all. They are triple nickle plated and have been on my Ranger since 95ish. I used Coo-tech header jackets with Stage 8 header bolts, not problem one, yet.

94xlt4.0

Article Contributor
ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
im gonna try this again, anybody know why it says the headers from pacesetter wont fit with the column shift? ive tried numerous times to get an answer from pacesetter and they are pretty much worthless. i have a cracked manifold and am not spending the crack prices on jba's

whocares

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I can only guess that it would have something to do with the shift linkage and possibly the size difference in the auto and the manual trans. Something isnt going to clear properly, either the collector or the y-pipe if your doing shorties.

kemo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
im gonna try this again, anybody know why it says the headers from pacesetter wont fit with the column shift? ive tried numerous times to get an answer from pacesetter and they are pretty much worthless. i have a cracked manifold and am not spending the crack prices on jba's
That's the price you pay for in the end if you want quality.

Pacesetter is junk.

WTF

U.S. Military - Active
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'06
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Life is too short for cheap beer.
I had a set on my 86 B2 4x4 with the Mitsu 5 speed. They fit good on that truck without a body lift but I had to do some fab work on the flange side to meet the cats right to avoid leaks. I'd say that they noticeably made a difference helping my 2.9 pushing 33s with 3.73 gears. I just won an Ebay auction for a set for my 90 Ranger x-cab 4x4 but this trucks got the auto transmission. Not sure what's gonna happen other than I'm fabin' these mofos to fit this truck! Hoping I can get this 2.9 to breathe easier for some more mileage. Will let you know how it goes!!:beer:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals