• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2.3l95rangerHomeD.i.yER Q's??

2.3lRedRangerman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Hey Guys, first post on this site and am excited to learn what other have done.! So i just kinda inherented my ex girls friends VERY 1st vehicle(so it means alot to her i guess.. idk lool) 1995 Ford Ranger 2.3l SOHC 5spd 3.73 2nd owner@115k. cool little pick up. perfect truck ..fromdude wrecks it, sells it, 1200$, Salavge title....
After about 4years of us dating, me driving everywhere. Im not exactly "allowed" to drive how i want because it is her truck... you know. shes a drinker. wrecks the pig. boom, bent frame. not sure how much but shit... we split. she gets new car. moves out,whatever. Ranger is in the drive way for way to long. looking at a flat bed long.. i stoppped by and fired it up every 8 months or so just for the hell of it.Always prying like, let me get the ranger. im the type that ifit broke we just have to make it stonger so they didn't really like that thinking im just gonna wreck it or whhattttt veerrrrrrr. couple years go by and they finally FINALLY let me buy the thing..... so now i own it right. 1st Mini truck ive owned. runs fkn great. minds blown at how well she preserved (not my ex)
fired right up. idled fine. got hot. went to head to my house with it. The damn slave cylinder goes out, while im on a hill mind you. im like what in the hell is going on here. Do some research and shit. gotta drop the trans. 1st thing i have to do. GREATTTTTT,YA know. what a pain in the rear... in the gravel. No help. No internet. Stuck. gte that all done finally and then the motor mounts go because the frame is bent to all hell. throwing eventhing off alignment. now im doing the rear end. i couldnt find an 8.8 right now so i got an other 7.5 3.45 and welded the rear. the right way imo. the first one was trash because of my buddy having the wrong gas on said welder and me not looking at it i guess lololol....stupid me huh. so im wondering what i can do to make this truck handle "me". i know how to drive (i think) but i also know my limits (i think)love to slide, doughnuts on the bad days. live up a nice moutain with twisties. decently hard twisties then straights just enough for 4th gearrrrrrr. blam 2nd hard corner. alot of side to side bracing needs to be done. this is my first "build" so be nice lol i have alot of fab and welding experience so the possibility for this truck is insane. Sooo wudda guys think in tearms of actual coilover in the front? or beefier sway bar? ill try to post some pics in a bitand pictures from yall would be appreciated !! im open for any ideas

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
This post seems more like an introduction to me... So I moved it to the introduction forum.

So welcome to TRS...

Please post pictures of the truck... we all love what people are doing to them.

Once you get specific questions... post them up in the specific forums related to your question.

The one you posted in was not really a Help forum but more of a build thread forum. Please feel free to use all the forums and use the Mini Truck forum to document your progress.

Most here are happy to help.

rangerx4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Welcome. Seems like you need to address the frame before anything else.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals