• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1994 Ranger - starting small

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
It's awesome they let you work on your own truck. I used to have a job that let me do small projects but nothing like that. Like they let me bring in a bumper that needed shortend and I got to use the plasma cutter on it.

FFGlen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
I've got a pretty unique situation going on at the FD here. I work at Station 1, but live at Station 2, so all of the big stuff is being done at Station 2. I replaced the brakes at work though. It was a little easier with the lift they have there.

FFGlen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Passenger seat is currently sitting in the bed of my truck. With my impending move across town (woop woop, 13 miles!:icon_rofl:), I might just leave it there for a little while!

FFGlen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Got the seats in!

...three days ago.

But, computer access at work has been hazy, so pictures are just coming up now.

I decided to do one seat at a time, rather than both seats in one go. And it was a good thing I did, because the front bolts went in just fine, but the backs were completely off!

After drilling to fit, they worked great. They are a little bit taller than the 94 seats, though...

But, I guess from a 2004 single cab, I can't complain with how they work.

Drilling through carpet wasn't the best idea ever.

Bolted in!

And, ultimately, the ghetto-rigging. But, if it works, it works!

The other day, I found the only place in town that sells POR15! So, I bought one of the starter kits, to try out how it work. Turns out, my Chief wanted the bell in front of the station painted, so I got to try it on something that wasn't my truck.

Raiders nation?

badmts

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
So as a first responder which do you like best-EMERGENCY! or Mother,Jugs & Speed? BTW nice truck!

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
Nice work, those seats look good. I like your ingenuity if you need to fill in the old holes 44 claiber bullet shells work great.

FFGlen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
That camping trip was a bust. Getting dumped in the first hour is a surefire way to ruin the whole weekend. (But, the guy is kind of a dick, and if he can't handle that I'm staying busy with my truck while he's in F*ck-off Texas, he's probably not worth my time anyway.)

On the plus side, I picked up a cherrybomb muffler for free the other day. I have no idea how loud it is, what type or anything, and I'm not sold on putting it on my truck yet, but the idea is certainly there.

FFGlen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
So as a first responder which do you like best-EMERGENCY! or Mother,Jugs & Speed? BTW nice truck!
To be perfectly honest, I've only ever heard of Emergency. I have no idea what the other one is lol

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
That camping trip was a bust. Getting dumped in the first hour is a surefire way to ruin the whole weekend. (But, the guy is kind of a dick, and if he can't handle that I'm staying busy with my truck while he's in F*ck-off Texas, he's probably not worth my time anyway.)

On the plus side, I picked up a cherrybomb muffler for free the other day. I have no idea how loud it is, what type or anything, and I'm not sold on putting it on my truck yet, but the idea is certainly there.

I had a cherrybomb on my old truck it was streight pipe to the cherrybomb then streight out I like it gave it a louder deeper tone I think. What kind of bike you got? I see avid disc brakes and Kenda tires!

FFGlen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Lets see if this works! Posting from my phone.

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
Lets see if this works! Posting from my phone.

Nice bike, I'm jealous. Have you ever seen the cannondale "Lefty" forks? Sorry I get all excited when I see another montain biker. I used to work a bike shop and I own 3 bikes. 2 moutian 1 BMX that i'm restoring. My GT is my baby thou I built it from the frame up.

FFGlen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
I haven't, nope. I'm fairly new to mountain biking - I honestly only got it to save on gas. Love my ranger, but the fuel economy is pretty crappy. There are some great trails in this town though, and it does really well on them. Bought it slightly used from a friend of mine a few weeks ago.

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
Don't mean to keep thread jacking but this is a lefty fork Canondale is the only company that uses them and they have been proven to be stronger than a 2 prong fork. I want one. You got a nice buy Canondale makes a nice bike.

Ok I'm done with the tread jacking. :threadjacked:

FFGlen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
They definitely do! People get very disappointed with me when I tell them I'm not planning to sell it when I move. That lefty fork is pretty cool! I am curious as to how it would work better than a two pronged, though. Looking at it, it almost looks like it would make steering harder.

On track with the truck, though!

Weather dependent, since now I'm living out of the fire hall, I want to take the bed off my truck and start working on my frame. The plan currently is to POR15 the hell out of it, patch a few places that are starting to get a bit worn, and replace the leaf springs with the springs out of my parts truck (so far as I'm aware, they should be plug and play - the parts rig is 2wd, and a 04, but they look the same to me).

I'm wondering how this is going to affect the height of my truck. So far as I'm aware, the only "lift" on my truck is from the slightly-larger-than-stock tires, but the back end sits up about two inches higher than the front. Are the 2wd springs going to effect height any?

I'm planning on leveling out the front end with either spacers or new springs. Whichever way I decide, new springs ARE going in, since the old ones are... old. I'm pretty sure they're the original springs. Shocks are going to be changed out as well.

So, if there's no height difference with the new springs, and I'm looking to get roughly 2" of lift, what sort of springs should I be looking for?

Flashback to the past! My old 87 before the tranny went out. Someone fixed it up and still drives it around :)

Last edited:

badmts

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
it's an old ambulance movie with Bill Cosby,Harvey Kietel & Raquel Welch (the fact she plays a hot AND skilled EMT is apropos.).

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals