• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1993/2.3l Clutch and slave

Jolly Roger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have a 1993 ranger with a 2.3l/5sp.. Does any one know Where I can find the best best deal on a clutch kit and slave cyclinder kit? What other year and engines are compatable. I was told 93 and 94 have a different spline count on the trans? Any tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated.
Im guesing the truck has the stock M50D-R1 trans. When I bought the truck the guy said it has 139000 mi. With the condition and parts ive put in over the last year assume its mor like 239000 mi. With out the first digit I will never know. What I use it for I still have not many complants. Right now its easyest to start it in gear with the clutch pushed in and double or triple clutch when driving. The best price I found is on ebay clutch bearings and slave for 155.00. I still dont exactly know my spline count. When I swap everything I need to get it done in a weekend to be ready for monday.

Last edited:

Jolly Roger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Tanks for all the help guys. It finaly went out and i drug my feet to long on the parts and got them from Advance auto. To start with the stud in the shifter would not come out (fine thread metric) vice grips,and trying to cross thread a grade 8 for a jam nut didnt work. Tried to drill out with american bits. Trany shaft must be hard and smoked drill bits. Cut off with sawzall above. Then drilled and taped both sides for 1/2-13x1" grade 8 stud. For reassy. then finished with a tack weld on both sides to keep from spining around.

Cross member bushing bolts were rusted to the sleave. Cut off with sawzall. Nobody has them on sunday! 1.5" i.d. I had a piece of plastic i had for making bushing years ago from McMaster Carr. (traction bar) No flex I never tried it. Used 1/2" grade 8 bolts. Dont know how well its going to hold up but thats what i had to work with.

Slave cyl. presher fitting coroded together. Pulled rubber plug on trans and cut hard line off slave cyl. with sawzall. Then used pipe cutter to cut off back of fitting (slave cyl. side). Used hack saw and vise grips to hold(carefully) to cut through opposite sides of the fitting. One side fell off and the other side i bent off with duelling vise grips. Fixed up minor line fitting damage with file. After market slave did not have stock fitting. Clip type on two sides. Hack saw marks positioned on opposite sides for install.

Never got the pilet bearing out. Exposed needle type. No puller. Tried ground down 1/2-20 bolt. .015 under shaft size. 3hr. later with grease and hammer didnt work. After i gave up and had it back together. Some one told me to colapse onside with a chisal and pry out with a screw driver. mabey next time.

I try things the hard way first. Usually the right way or the only way i know how. If that dosent work i half ass it with the best i have to work with. Its not how good you are its how well you can fix your mistakes. I hope i can help some one with this.:icon_cheers:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals