• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1989 Bronco II DS axle to 1990 Ranger DS

cougar190

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1 1990,2 1994's
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 and 4.0
1989 Bronco II DS axle to 1990 Ranger DS (Rear Axle)

Tried a search but didn't find anything. May not have worded it properly. Sorry if it's already here Somewhere. I have a bent axle (drivers side) on my 1990 Ranger. I have a 1989 Bronco II for parts. I'm wondering if the drivers side axle from the 1989 Bronco II will swap into my 1990 Ranger. Like I've said sorry if it's already posted here somewhere. Thanks in advance! ...cougar... Sorry for the lack of information on My part !! I'm referring to the Rear axle ! Not the front, my bad for not stating this in the original title.

Last edited:

atvkid4eva

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l V6
Transmission
Manual
the Bronco II will have a d28 and your 90' ranger should have a d35 front end so no the shafts wont interchange between the two vehicles. you can pull a shaft from a ford explorer with a d35 they are common at junkyards around here.check out this link to clear things up for you:http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/4wd_Front_Axles.html

cougar190

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1 1990,2 1994's
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 and 4.0
REAR axle swap

I'm wondering if the rear axle on the drivers side will switch from my parts vehicle (1989 Bronco II) to my driver (1990 Ranger) not the front axle. Sorry for the confusion. ...cougar...

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The rear axles are the same. If the gearing is the same, it would be easier to just swap the whole axle.

Edit: I see its 2wd so it wouldn't matter. I would swap the whole thing and not worry about it.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals