• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

07 ranger

sneller_775

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
I'm looking for a kit for my ranger.
want about a 4/5 drop for the least expensive way
live in canada and some places dont ship to us
any help is appreciated

slammedxonair

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
91 and 00
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Here you go all the 98+ lowering products you would need. I ship to Canada and other countries all the time! I highly suggest going with the DJM 4/5 kit and the DOetsch Nitro Slammer shocks for the best ride and handling combination. That is my most popular kit. Send me an email to brian@illusivefabrications.com if you have any questions.

sneller_775

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
n e cheaper suggestions lol

slammedxonair

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
91 and 00
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Those are actually some of the best prices you wil find on those parts :) only other way to do it correctly is to try searching the classifieds and find a deal.

sneller_775

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
what do i need if i was gonna just go basic, like a rear flip kit and a set of coil springs/new shocks or just replace the shackels instead?

Casper98

August 2012 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Y0ur truck is an 07 Sport correct? are you sure you have coils and not Torsion bars?

slammedxonair

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
91 and 00
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
I didn't even notice the sport, I've been hearing some of them are on the edge chassis and some are on the xlt chassis but Ive never looked at one. Yea take a look at let us know if you have coils or torsion bars on the front.

rat_ranger

December 2009 STOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Active
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 duratec
Transmission
Manual
slammedxonair is a great dealer, I reccomend buying from him. many happy customers from here and RPS. for a cheap drop you can flip the shackles and do 2in springs in the front if yours is coil. or uncrank the torsion bars if it has the edge chassis.

slammedxonair

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
91 and 00
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Ok he sent me a PM and said he has the torsion bars so I'll just post the answer in this thread.

What needs to be done on the front is either crank down the torsion bolts or pickup some drop keys once they are back in stock from the manufacturer. I have a few people waiting on them and have been emailing the manufacturer every few weeks asking for updates. http://www.illusivefabrications.com/html/modules.php?name=catalog&file=product_info&products_id=437&osCsid=0c1ab99a21a72353cac0afb6a307f3b0 the max drop you will be able to get is about 3" and still be able to have it aligned without having custom upper control arms fabbed up.

As for the rear check and see if it has a lift block on it. If so you can remove it to drop it the amount of the block, if you want the rear lower do a rear shackle flip. I would also suggest upgradeing your shocks to Doetsch Nitro Slammers.

flamingx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
My old '02 Edge had 2" lift blocks in the rear from the factory, If this is the case with yours, by removing the blocks in the rear (even if the original U-bolts will still work, I strongly recommend replacing them with new grade 8 U-bolts for safety reasons) and cranking down your t-bars to the point to get a height your happy with. You can lower it 2" for the price of an alignment and the new U-bolts (around $125+ tax CDN)

And trust me you will need a front end alignment, I put mine off for a couple months and chewed the front tires.

If you want to go any lower than that, I recommend going whole hog and do the control arms. My '97 Explorer is T-bars as well and I cranked them all the way down for a 3" drop. I had to cut 1" off my bump stops to get 1/2" of travel and my upper balljoints are at a very bad angle so I'm looking to do the control arm swap myself (not to mention I want 1" more out of the front anyway)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals