• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

'05 Ranger PreRunner

RaceRanger2006

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I have a bone stock 2005 4wd ranger, I was toying with the idea of making it more of an off-road truck. I don't need it to win races or be race legal, just something to have fun with on the weekend. I don't know much about what I would need but I would assume wheels, tires, suspension, and some cosmetic things like fenders and a light bar. does anybody have a similar build or know how much this would approximately cost?

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Welcome to TRS :)

Sky's the limit for cost

"Pre-runners" were always 2WDs or crappy looking 4x4s, lol
So drivers could pre-run an off-road race course and not worry about damaging the expensive racing vehicle

But now-a-days it is often used to describe the "look" of a truck, not its function/use

Bookmark this page: https://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/index.shtml

Look at suspension upgrades and decide what you want and can afford
Body lifts are less expensive but don't change ground clearance that much(just larger tire clearance)

Your amount of "lift and travel" will decide the size of tires/wheels you can use

So not a chicken or egg thing, LIFT/SUSPENSION is always FIRST on the "to-do" list

Pictures here of Rangers with various Lifts added: https://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/TireFitment.shtml

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals