• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

'01 Super Cab ABS Light

jasongind

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
I have an "01 Supercab 4x4 3.0 manual. The ABS light will come on about 5-10 mins into my drive. If I turn the vehicle off while driving the light will stay off. Then after I park for a bit, go to drive the light will come on a few mins into the drive again. No pulsing or abnormal breaking charactoristics. I figured it wouldnt pull any codes but tried anyhow and it didn't. The light on the passanger airbag is working, so I know its not that. I'm not sure where the sensors are located under the vehicle. I'm going to try to find them, make sure they are clean and connected. Besides that I'm not sure what else to do. Any suggestions? TIA
-Jason

fixizin

FoMoCo is forcing me to buy a 'yota
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
XL Spurt
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0 (Flex)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
A properly suspensioned Ranger can be safely airborne for up to 4 seconds at a time! =:O

jasongind

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
idk, i have four wheel abs (atleast thats what i think since i have the sensor on the rear axel and one on each front hub). Mine light comes on a a lil bit into the drive, and is on the rest of the drive. I'm not sure what it is but i dont want to just replace each front sensor they are like $74 a piece.

fixizin

FoMoCo is forcing me to buy a 'yota
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
XL Spurt
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0 (Flex)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
A properly suspensioned Ranger can be safely airborne for up to 4 seconds at a time! =:O
Sorry, my bad. Yeah, that 4-wheel ABS sounds like Yet Another layer of complexity I don't need. Best of luck.

OTOH, my "simple" RABS is now causing the most puzzling indicator "light show", even turning on the '4WD HIGH' and '4WD LOW' lights AT THE SAME TIME! WTF?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals