• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1. Carb'd Ford 302 Fuel Lines?

Hello All, I have seen a few posts on here talking about plumbing fuel lines for carburetors in V8 swaps. Most recommend using a return style fuel regulator, how necessary is this return line. What is its purpose? I already have a MR. GASKET 9710 regulator with no return, is this workable. Is...
  2. TheDucksNutz

1988 4X4 Ranger V8 302/5.0 Swap

Working on getting started for my V8 swap! I got an 8.8 rear end out of a '97 explorer last week. I also ordered a fuel injected crate motor from BluePrint Engines that's going to be delivered towards the end of January. Here's the link to the one I got...
  3. Acgallen

Sat for a month, Fuel pump wont prime

Another problem after the other. When i go to turn my key i hear silence, whereas a month ago it would prime and start. Its a rebuilt 306 5.0 that would cut out at higher rpm's, so i replaced the fuel pump a few days ago and still no priming. Im getting to the point where i think wiring a switch...
  4. Acgallen

302/ZF5 Swapped Ranger Hydraulic Problems

Hello TRS, hopefully ya'll can save my ass at least one more time. Finally got the engine running with no prevalent problems there yet, but when I wanted to move the newly started truck, I wasn't able to put the truck into gear while running. Turned the engine off and pushed through all the...
  5. Bronco II 302 Swap Questions

Just recently bought a pristinely maintained, bone-stock 1985 Bronco II (pictures below). Manual, 2.9 2.8. Want to turn this into a beast. 302 swap, suspension, all the bells and whistles. Want a overlanding/outdoor rig that I can also cruise around in. I've been scouring forums all over the...
  6. Coogan88

For Sale Selling my 1988 fully restored V8 Ranger 4x4

I have decided to sell my full restored 302 and c4 transmission swapped ranger. 302 roller ford crate motor and c4 transmission with b&m shift kit and shifter. 36,xxx miles on total rebuild. Underside is show quality and the paint is in good shape with very minor scratches. Interior is in great...
  7. '78 Cobra 302 into 87 Ranger?

I want to start by saying it's been YEARS since I've been here, but I'm finally back in a ranger and I'm glad to be back.:yahoo: I scored a free 302 from a 78 Mustang Cobra that I'm going to be tearing apart, rebuilding and putting in my truck. I want to be pushing about 350 horse at the...
  8. Ranger V8 swap

Hello, I’m doing a 302 swap from a 95 f150 into a 96 Ford Ranger 3.0 and I just wanna know if anyone has done this. I know the mustang and the explorer are the most popular but I’m getting a sweet deal on a f150 with a 5.0 and an M50D-R2. I just wanna know who’s done it and what I need to expect...
  9. Radiator help!!! Urgent

1996 Lone Ranger 5.0 efi GT-40 heads Howdy, I’m having some trouble fitting a good fan, I have about 2 inches between water pump and radiator, I’m using the 4.0 double core radiator, Wondering if anyone could find me an electric fan, or an idea on how to Cool this small block
  10. Motor mount help!!! Urgent, middle of build

Howdy, I’m new, so forgive me if I do something wrong, I have a 96 3.slow, and. 1996 5.0 exploder, doing the swap, I am Currently test fitting the motor and Im need help on the motor mounts I cut the original plates from the explorer to fit the v6 mounts and I could tell the motor was too...
  11. What all do I need for a V8 Swap?

Before anyone even comments, yes, I've read the tech articles. I want to hear some opinions on Carbed or EFI 302/5.0. I also would like to know what transmission, transfer case, and front axle I would need. Which vehicle would be a better donor? What would be the simplest when it comes to...
  12. Ranger T5 swap speedometer

I have an 03 ranger edge with a 5.0 and T5 running a 97 explorer computer. The speedometer worked fine with the 4R70W trams out of the explorer but I swapped to a T5 out of a 2000 model mustang. It runs fine without any tune (just took the "check engine" light out because I couldn't get over...
  13. 302 to v6 tranny bellhousing??

hello, i have a question, im getting a 302 for my 86 4x4 manual trans ranger and i think ghe 302 will work with the stock tranny, the engine in it is 2.9 v6. does anyone know what bellhousing i need to bolt them up?
  14. Dmgctrl88

Got this far - Questions

My build thread is located at: http://therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151435&page=1 It is picture heavy. I had a few questions about parts and whatnot. Starting from the back to the front. I rebuilt my C4 transmission and swapped in a C5 output shaft and tail housing. --- 1)Will...
  15. 1996 ranger 4x4 v8 swap help

I have read tons of info on doing the 302 swap, I would love to swap one in my truck, however I am still wanting to keep the 4x4 for the winter out here in Iowa. can I use my current transfer case and rear end and front axles? or would I need to find a full size f150 with transmission transfer...
  16. kevinbmx77

using an old mustang as a donor car?

Im looking to do a 302 swap. Would it be a good idea to buy a cheap 5.0 mustang as a donor car? Can i use the engine and transmission straight out of it? How would i find a driveshaft to fit it? Jegs has this swap kit...
  17. kevinbmx77

been using this site for awhile and finally registered

I've been using this site to look up information on all kinds of crazy idea's ive had but never followed through on any of them yet. The best thing ive completed is my sound system. My newest idea is one i really want to follow through on because it will help no matter which direction i go with...
  18. What front supension would be best for a 91 Ranger ?

I am trying to make my 91 Ranger 2.3L RWD into a well handling truck. I plan on a 302 and a T5 tranny attached to a 8.8 Mustang rear end. I have done research on the front suspension and ran across this page http://goo.gl/A8g6Gf. If any one could possibly help me with which front end would be best.
  19. Will a Pedal assembly from f150 fit in my ranger

Hello first timer here... I plan to replace my 2.9 with an automatic to a 302 with a 4 speed. I bought a 1888 f150 I want to replace everything diff to diff. I'm concerned about clutch issues. I'm wondering if the pedal assembly from the f150 will fit in my ranger. If anybody that's done this...
  20. V8 conversion

I am planning on doing a V8 conversion to my 2000 Ranger v6 3.0 4x4 automatic with a 3in. body lift. What all would I need to do the swap? What should I get the motor from? What all will I need to pull from the donor vehicle to make it work? What headers will fit? I would also like to put a 5...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad