• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1. Manual transfer case swap

I’m looking to tcase swap my 1991 manual 4.0, with the electric shift 4x4 (manual hubs thank god). My electric shift really hated the cold snaps this winter, and as a result of using it my 4hi no longer works, and my 4lo has become 4hi. Honestly, I don’t really want to diag as I still can use my...
  2. stamina

can someone explain why certain 4.0’s have a MAP sensor?

certain 4.0’s in the junkyard, specifically 1990 and 1991, have a MAP sensor (and the MAF sensor) and a plug for it on the wiring harness. in every picture i see of a 4.0 with the MAP the vacuum line to the sensor is not even hooked up and has a small white piece on it. furthermore, i took the...
  3. 1992redranger

Wanted In search of: 89–92 Ranger, 2.3L 4CYL, 5 speed manual, 2WD

Hey hey! I got a motor, transmission, and rear end ready to go into a 89-92 Ranger (2.3L 4CYL, 5 speed manual, 2WD). I'm in search of a straight body Ranger (89-92) with these specs with blown engine, bad transmission, etc. Any leads would be much appreciated! Western North Carolina area...
  4. 1991 XLT from South Carolina

Hey everyone, my names Spencer just bought this 1991 ranger xlt. It’s a 5 speed 3.0 extended cab, two toned black and silver with the sticker stripe, and red interior. The guy I bought it from put a 5 inch lift, electric fan, the lights on the front, new fuel lines and a new stereo in it. It...
  5. Clutch Problems

Hey all. New here, so let me know if I’m doing something wrong. I bought my 91 a while ago, and it had a leaking slave cylinder. I replaced the slave, throw out bearing, clutch plate and pressure plate. Bled the system, and everything was great for a week. After driving it about 200 miles...
  6. 1991 Ranger Passenger Door with power

Looking for 1991 passenger ranger door with power, I will pay for shipping if I can't drive to you Thanks Ron
  7. 1991 Ranger XL

Hello everyone! Just made an account here and this is my first post on TRS, though not the first ranger I've owned. My current '91 Ranger is only temporarily mine, I bought it for $300 as a gift for my dad, cleaned it up and got it running. Now I'll be driving it while I'm back at school and...
  8. Tach not accurate

1991 3.0 XLT 5-speed; 268,000 miles. Bought the truck new; sold it to a friend and got it back recently. Now, the original tachometer is registering about 50% too high. When the engine is idling around 800 rpm, the tach is reading about 1300. Normal cruise at 2000 rpm is registering 3000...
  9. 91 Ford Ranger XLT starting issues

Okay so I have had this truck for three or so years and it as o the last year it has been giving me a lot of problems. It started out about 8 months ago where I took the truck to work and I parked in the back and turned,the truck off for a few minutes to get prepared and then it wouldn't turn...
  10. 1991 Dead in the water :(

I have a 91 ranger 2.3 with a 5spd, great shape but that's beside the point. So I recently decided to try selling this truck, and being a responsible owner I decided to finally scan my intermittant check engine light. Like an idiot I did this (out of necessity) on the side of the road, it...
  11. Dprocks100

91' 2wd Ranger Build\prerunner

So I picked up this truck back in February of this year (2013). Nice little reliable truck for a high school/start of college kid. Basic as crap, 2.3L manual, 1991 2wd ranger with 128,xxx. Used as a maintenance farm truck. No rust problems, besides the inside of the bed. Only problems I knew...
  12. 92/91 Explorer Differences?

Anyone know if the harnesses between the 91 and 92 explorers are different? Im going from a 89 B2 to a 92 Exp 4.0. I saw a wiring guide on the Corral and i wanna see if it can help me with the wiring and vacuum lining
  13. MASSIVE coolant leak, help!

Ok so i just got done doing an engine swap on my 91 ranger 2.3 and she runs beautifully, however it pissed out almost all my coolant in the minute that i let it run, i believe i've found the leak, its a canister next to my oil filter, i have no idea what to call it or how to fix it, but i have a...
  14. Dprocks100

91 2.3 timing belt trouble

ok so today i decided to change my timing belt. lined everything up, loosened the tensioner and went to pull the belt off. my dumb a** friend told me i didnt need to take of the crankshaft pulley to do it. found out i had to take it of. tried for a few hours to get the beast off and couldnt do...
  15. Flashing codes OBD-1

Hey, heard you can flash OBD-1 codes using a paper clip? I've already got a code reader on the way but it won't be here til after the weekend and I had been hoping to be able to flash the codes before then, I don't really know- I've been spoiled with a code reader at the tech school I attend so...
  16. What is this? 1991 Ranger

Ok so I'm working on rebuilding my "new" 91 Ranger 4cyl, it was a California truck and I'm finding a few wierd things on there, lots of empty hose attachements, etc- I just got the truck and I know I didn't remove any of it, when I got it it ran, but had an awful engine noise, hence why I'm...
  17. Twin turbo blow thru 5.0

I've decided to turbo my carbureted 5.0. I really don't know anything about turbo charging other than what I've read in the past 48 hours. I know what I wanna do I just gotta figure out how to go about it. I'm interested in a twin turbo remote setup. Few modifications Ill need to do to my truck...
  18. My 91' 5.0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw-HmkjBvV4 http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t507/Hawai5oh/88674913-D258-4FBA-9ADF-C84F74D3A8C8-2652-000002CAED0AAC79_zpsb69dd772.jpg
  19. T5 in my 91' 5.0?

Got a 91' 4.0l XLT that I swapped to a 5.0L H.O. and currently running a C4. Very motivated to get a T5 but I need info before I make any progress. Any info about installing clutch pedals in a 91'? Seen plenty info on setting up the bell with slave and lines etc... But I need to start from the...
  20. 5.0L HO conversion

Have a 91' V8 ranger. Unfortunately I just burned a bearing and rathe than rebuild the motor going to pick up another from the junkyard I been eyeing up. It's a 5.0L HO from a 91 mustang. My ranger is set up for a carbureted V8. Will I be ruining this HO motor by putting my carb setup on it?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad