• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1. 1991 ford explorer 4x4 4.0 v6 ohv engine

my 91 explorer blowed the head gaskets i put a new set on torqued them to ford spects and now i am getting water on top of my # 4 piston it fills up with water the other 5 cylinder,s are not getting water it is just # 4 talked to a ford teck and several other meckanics they all say cracked head...
  2. V8 tach for tack conversion

I've read so mang forums about making my stock 4.0 tach work with my 5.0 conversion I'm thoroughly overwhelmed. What I believe is the easiest and most full proof way is to get a tach from an F150 with a 5.0 which should plug right in. Do I still need to change some of the pin locations with this...
  3. First start success with my 302!

Started my project in Nov 2011. Been putting whatever time and money I can spare into it and today with the help of TRS I started the motor for the first time! :yahoo: Found quite a few kinks that need to be worked out... was leaking fuel in a couple spots. My remote oil filter was leaking...
  4. 95 4.0 with EGR converted to 91 4.0 wiring harness with no egr LOTS of photos

so spent the night changeing all the components on my 95 explorer 4.0 with EGR to match up with my 91 Non EGR wiring harness let the fun begin okay heres the 91 4.0 with no egr in my B2 heres the 95 4.0 with EGR and again i do like the 4.0 EFI image on the plastic intake too bad its only...
  5. 91' rear end?

Will the rear end from a 93 ford mustang 5.0 lx. 8.8 4lug with drum brakes. 3.27 gearing work in my 91' Ranger super cab?
  6. lower my 1991 ranger

i have found the djm kits for it but they are going for like 700.00 off their website...does anyone know any good places to look or any suggestions on maybe a cheaper way without completely losing the quality?
  7. Battery Drain

1991 Ranger XLT 3.0L It's been going on for about a month now. I'll have to jump it every morning after it's been left overnight. (I now just leave one side of the battery disconnected overnight so I don't have to waste 15 minutes jumping it.) The battery was replaced in December and I've had...
  8. 1991 Ranger Gas Gauge Problems

I have a 1991 Ford Ranger with a 4.0L V6 and I'm having a little bit of trouble with my gas gauge. When I bought it from my Uncle a few years ago the gas gauge was stuck at Empty. So I figured the sending unit was bust, so I replaced the fuel pump/sending unit. The gauge seems to read correctly...
  9. Tach problems on 91 2.3l ranger

Hey everyone. I'm new to this forum, but I have been using this site for a while now and I find it extremely helpful. I can usually find an answer to my problem, but I wasn't so lucky this time. The tach on my 91 ranger (with the 2.3l dual plug system) hasn't worked right since i bought the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad