• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. explorer leaf springs on a ranger

Am I understanding this correct? Any 1995+ explorer leaf will increase my lift, or do i need to get Leafs from a certain year? I have a 08 and my Leafs need replaced but I figured I'd go for a cheap easy few inches (gigidy).
  2. abandoned explorer sport

Is there anything worth salvaging on a 3rd or 4th gen explorer sport? It's not the sport trac, it's the smaller SUV explorer. It's abandoned at a local shop, and I wanted to see if anything is worth salvaging to fix up my '08 Ranger. I'm not really sure the year or any information about the...
  3. RC wheel fitment

Okay, I have searched and searched and searched. I currently have Walker Evans racing wheels, 16s and I want the RC 5-inch lift (I'm sure you can tell where I'm going with this) has anyone tried to fit 16s with a spacer, or even without? I have seen a few people talking about having 16s...
  4. Aux light relay box

I have a small 3x4x3 ish relay box for all my exterior lights but I'm wondering where other have put theirs. I thought it would fit on top of the fuse/relay box under the hood but it needs about a inch more clearance. Only other place is between the grill and the radiator. My imagination...
  5. Frnt 1/2 shaft seals

I am replacing my front axles and I wanted to get the seals. On rock auto it doesn't list both, just one side. Are they the same? Does anyone have some part numbers? 2008 sport
  6. help with diag

I am aware that it is basically impossible to diagnose an issue through the internet but I'm at a loss, so before I buy new CV axles, I'd like to at least give it a go. I have a '08 4x4 sport, with a key and shackle lift, nowhere near maxed out. I started to notice a slight humming/rubbing...
  7. Roof light mount location.

I have a generic roof mount system for my light bar, but I wanted to see where people drilled the holes for the bracket. I don't want to drill a hole just to find out there is a structure behind where I drill. Are there any supports or inner structures in the roof that would get in the way of...
  8. Moog Vs. Mevotech wheel hub/bearing

I was looking on the rock auto for some wheel hubs and I got looking at the moog and mevotech. The mevotech is the only one that offers the heavy-duty option and its painted. I live in an area that has a lot of salt in winter, so I was leaning towards the mevotech. But then I noticed that the...
  9. stupid o2 issues..........again I know

I search but couldn't find something close enough to my issue to give me that good feeling of "oh this is it". So, here I am asking about O2 sensor problems. I am getting a bank 2 sensor 2 slow response. I only get the issue on cold days like super cold and I rarely ever get it in the...
  10. Is diesel still worth it?

So, I know that the majority of the people in this forum are in the US so the input might be a little biased, but I find myself not being able to locate good solid information on the issue I'm faced with. I am looking to replace my 08 in a few years and all the trucks in Germany are diesel...
  11. Aluminum thermostat

If someone has the aluminum thermostat from simmonsautosportz, do you know what thermostat it takes? I got a stock thermostat because the one that came with the housing was too cold but the stock one is way too small. Does anyone know what model vehicle thermostat the aluminum housing uses? I...
  12. Jump seat amp mounts

Has anyone mounted an Amp to the bottom of the jump seats? I wouldn't mount them directly against the seat. I just want to ba able to use the seats in the rare occasion that both my kids are with me. The amps are the perfect size but I'm not sure what they are made of and before I rip it...
  13. Started my amp install..... and then pain.

I started my amp install, as today was my first day of vacation. I continue to pull the stereo out and find the rats nest that the previous owner had left for me. A lovely lot of house connectors and wires cut to random lengths. No big deal, I then notice the stereo is hooked up to some...
  14. Bigger power wires

For those with larger power wires, did you run them under the truck or through the cab. I want to stay away from running any wires along the kick plate as I still wheel my truck and I noticed that that area gets wet from time to time. I don't have "carpet" I have the plastic/rubber liner shit...
  15. Swing case

Has anyone put one of those swing case boxes in a 2008 body style? I can't seem to find one specific to the truck so I wondered if another truck is similar enough in size to just fit. Maybe a Tacoma or something.
  16. too many amps

So I am contemplating getting a E-fan but I also want another light bar and I still have 2 amps to install for my speakers. The amps are not too big its just like a 500 and a 750. I just don't want to over load my alternator (I have a 130 amp alternator). How could I go about calculating the...
  17. OEM alignment spec

I just did a major suspension replacement and a leveling kit on my 08 4x4 and I'm in Germany so I have a language barrier to deal with. Where can i get OEM alignment specs on line? There is a Ford dealer/service center close by but I haven't had the time to ride up there yet. The truck is at...
  18. Does this look right?!

I'm in need of a technical inspector lol. I didn't have much to go off of because they basically fell apart.
  19. walker evans bead locks wheels..

i have a set of WE that came with my truck. i have never had a set of bead locks wheels before. is there anything i need to be aware of? any special tricks to changing the tires out or balancing?
  20. Chevy 4.3

Has anyone done a 4.3L swap? it seems like a good way to go. I'm not sure if the transmission would mount or if there is an adapter but even if it doesn't the Chevy/GM trans and transfer case should work. the after market is way bigger, the engines are cheaper, more available, and have more...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad