• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Coronavirus

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
"220, 221, whatever it takes."
It has become shocking how naive people are in this country. There is now actual numbers to show how naive we are as a nation.

On March 27, the United States hit the 100,000 case benchmark. On April 1, the number of Americans infected doubled to more than 200,000 cases. Just three days later, on Saturday April 4th, positive COVID-19 cases topped 300,000. I just looked and we're at 312,237 cases.

Actually, here's the top 10:

312,237 USA
126,168 Spain
124,632 Italy
96,092 Germany
90,853 France
82,574 China
55,743 Iran
42,479 United Kingdom
23,934 Turkey
20,505 Switzerland

There have been 8,502 deaths in the USA from COVID-19. There are experts that think the pandemic will peak a month from now in early May. But I've heard predictions ranging from 100,000 - 200,000 deaths. It seems hard to comprehend the numbers. How do you predict the peak is coming, but also expect that many people to die from it. But then, look at how fast the cases are multiplying. Plus, you have people leaving hot spots and heading to other areas. How can you say certain areas will peak, when we're mobile and moving around the country?
We're going to have more cases because we're a bigger country than all but China and we can't trust China's numbers. Also we are probably testing more people than other countries since we have access to more testing kits, so in the near term the U.S. is going to report a lot more cases. The key number is how many actual deaths will we have. Deaths due to Covid-19 are deaths due to Covid-19 but as we have more cases reported then the percentage of deaths from it will go down.

I'm personally not happy with some of our elected officials. There are some that will not be getting my vote. I'm also pissed off that Captain Crozier was relieved of his command of the USS Theodore Roosevelt. Just another reason why Trump probably won't get my vote this time, but I don't want to turn this political.
I've never been in the military so I'm not an expert, but my opinion is he was fired not for what he wanted to do but for going public with it.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
I hope you guys buying Charmin don't have septic systems. We used to use it-until the septic backed up into my basement 2 years in a row. I had to dig up my tank one Sunday at about 2 pm after clearing the snow away, remove the clean out and scoop 8 five gallon pails of soggy Charmin out before I got the drains flowing. The stuff does not crumble when wet like it's supposed to, it stays solid and plugs up the pipes. Take a couple squares and wet them, they don't fall apart, it's like they're made of cotton.

Some people's systems are clearly better than others I gather. Our system has eaten a majority of baby wipes.. Not even toilet paper.. Baby wipes.. For over a decade.. Tanks been pumped once. With 3 people in the house. We're lucky I guess lol.

19Walt93

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3"
Tire Size
235/55R16
My credo
If you don't have time to do it right will you have time to do it over?
Some people's systems are clearly better than others I gather. Our system has eaten a majority of baby wipes.. Not even toilet paper.. Baby wipes.. For over a decade.. Tanks been pumped once. With 3 people in the house. We're lucky I guess lol.
I hope you didn't just jinx yourself.

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
We bought our house from my in-laws. Our tank was built in ‘75. It was first pumped out in ‘89 when the addition was put in the house. It got pumped again when we bought the place in 2008. We follow try his very closely... no oil, grease,etc down the drain. Nothing other then #1, #2, and toilet paper in the toilet. Limit the cleaners and use as little soaps as possible that go down the drain. (Mostly a laundry thing.)
We’ve never had any issues.

Grumpaw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
My credo
I don't count birthday's anymore...just happy to be looking down at the ground instead of looking up
It has become shocking how naive people are in this country. There is now actual numbers to show how naive we are as a nation.

On March 27, the United States hit the 100,000 case benchmark. On April 1, the number of Americans infected doubled to more than 200,000 cases. Just three days later, on Saturday April 4th, positive COVID-19 cases topped 300,000. I just looked and we're at 312,237 cases.

Actually, here's the top 10:

312,237 USA
126,168 Spain
124,632 Italy
96,092 Germany
90,853 France
82,574 China
55,743 Iran
42,479 United Kingdom
23,934 Turkey
20,505 Switzerland

There have been 8,502 deaths in the USA from COVID-19. There are experts that think the pandemic will peak a month from now in early May. But I've heard predictions ranging from 100,000 - 200,000 deaths. It seems hard to comprehend the numbers. How do you predict the peak is coming, but also expect that many people to die from it. But then, look at how fast the cases are multiplying. Plus, you have people leaving hot spots and heading to other areas. How can you say certain areas will peak, when we're mobile and moving around the country?

Now I hear a Pastor in Pennsylvania (which has 10,507 cases) is going to have a Woodstock style Easter celebration, and is inviting people from all over the country. My Christian faith is important to me, but I'm not an idiot.

Other countries must see us as an entitled nation of people that aren't about to be told what to do. The freedoms that make us great, may also be what breaks us. There should have been a nationwide shelter at home order when this first started, to keep it from getting so bad.

President Trump wants the country to get back to work, and has spoken to owners of sport teams about returning to sports. I'm still struggling to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm personally not happy with some of our elected officials. There are some that will not be getting my vote. I'm also pissed off that Captain Crozier was relieved of his command of the USS Theodore Roosevelt. Just another reason why Trump probably won't get my vote this time, but I don't want to turn this political.

I really hope everyone here is taking this threat serious. It's not just killing older people.
The ### can be misleading, as they do not show the ### of tests given, which you really have to dig to find out.
As of yesterday, only 1.6 million tests have been given in the USA. 312,237 infected persons equates to almost a 20% infection rate, and that is not counting the thousands of tests still awaiting results.
Only 1.6 million tests out of a 330 million population.
Using a 20% infection rate, that could possible lead to an infection of 66 million citizens, and one can only guess at the ### of fatalities.
One cannot be tested unless the symptoms are there or if you have been exposed to someone who is carrying the virus. But how do you know who has it without being tested. It's a "catch 22" dilemma.
It's very possible and likely that many of us have already been exposed, but will never know.
And yet, as Jim posted, there are some high placed idiots who want to "open up stuff" so we can get back to normal.
Unfortunately, I don't think we will get back to "normal" for a very long time.
Grumpaw

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I heard a doc on the radio that said the best way to get a handle on how your area is faring is to compare deaths to hospital intakes. That ratio will tell you if things are getting worse, staying the same, or getting better. Makes sense to me.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If you spit in the brass's face... you are going to get in trouble.

It sucks and I feel bad for him... but he made his bed

Slightly off topic, when I was in DC for the Boy Scout Jamboree in 2001 I toured a destroyer (USS Peterson) in Roosevelt's battlegroup. The tourbus went past Roosevelt to get to the destroyer, I remember there was a F-14 hanger queen that looked like it was being parted out sitting on her fantail. So I have kinda followed that carrier ever since.

Grumpaw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
My credo
I don't count birthday's anymore...just happy to be looking down at the ground instead of looking up
Yes, he "made his bed", but I'll bet he can now go to sleep in it with a clear conscience that he did the best he could for his men.
He tried at first thru proper channels, but when the higher ups didn't do a damn thing, he made a decision that may have cost him his career, but probably saved a lot of his men.
A career given up for a clear conscience, and a bunch of lives saved, was worth it.
And, he has the gratitude of thousands of men aboard that ship, which I'm sure he can look back on with pride.
Better to be "damned if you do, than damned if you don't".
Grumpaw

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yes, he "made his bed", but I'll bet he can now go to sleep in it with a clear conscience that he did the best he could for his men.
He tried at first thru proper channels, but when the higher ups didn't do a damn thing, he made a decision that may have cost him his career, but probably saved a lot of his men.
A career given up for a clear conscience, and a bunch of lives saved, was worth it.
And, he has the gratitude of thousands of men aboard that ship, which I'm sure he can look back on with pride.
Better to be "damned if you do, than damned if you don't".
Grumpaw
The higher ups are saying they were sending help and that he did not convey the level of urgency to them that he did in his public letter.

4.0blue98

I don't feel tardy...
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
Round
My credo
It was like that when I found it.
That sounds like something the "higher ups" would say. Wonder if they have any proof.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That sounds like something the "higher ups" would say. Wonder if they have any proof.
Ship/supply movements should be easy for someone to track.

Grumpaw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
My credo
I'm sure after a lot of finger pointing and "he said, they said" a time line will be drawn.
But, bottom line, and I mean bottom, is that as captain, he is responsible for his men. Thats one of the first rules and regs your taught, your men are in your care.
He only did what he thought was necessary to prevent any more illnesses and possibly deaths to occur.
Can't fault him for his dedication to his men and women.
Additionally, if he had continued to make circles in the ocean until some exalted bunch of higher ups, including the "Temp" Sec of the Navy" decided what to do, and some of those sailors had died, chances are his career would have been over anyway.
He was basically in a "no win" situation.
Grumpaw

Last edited:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'm sure after a lot of finger pointing and "he said, they said" a time line will be drawn.
But, bottom line, and I mean bottom, is that as captain, he is responsible for his men. Thats one of the first rules and regs your taught, your men are in your care.
He only did what he thought was necessary to prevent any more illnesses and possibly deaths to occur.
Can't fault him for his dedication to his men and women.
Grumpaw
And we may never know. But if he really didn't follow the proper channels and announced to the world that his supercarrier was compromised on his own... in the wrong area me may have put his crew in danger.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
From what I seen on the news this morning... the decision was in the name of national security. He in essence compromised our defense by making that announcement. Also heard it was the CNO not Trump that made the decision to relieve him of his duties.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
I'm a little unclear. It was my understanding Crozier sent out numerous memos within the Navy, and someone in the Navy leaked the info.

I saw the videos of the ships crew cheering his name when he departed the ship.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals