• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Cybertruck Reveal

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
That was only an issue for 2-3 years on the 3 valve engines.
Our shop bought two used utility trucks a while ago, a 5.4 and a v10, between the two I fixed 6 broken plugs. After doing the last one on the v10 I said these things gotta go... working on those engines was just one of those things that makes you never want to buy, work on, or think about one again. Kinda like when you drink too much tequila and then wanna throw up anytime you think about tequila. :fie:

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
LOL. I had a V10 launch a sparkplug. Then I think I replaced 3 coil packs before finally switching to a diesel.

DeathRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000 and 2019
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
2.3 L 4 cyl ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
This is my Ranger. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
EV tech will be the biggest thing in the near future as all vehicle sales are dwindling and its a great way to convince people to buy a new vehicle. If you're comparing a gas truck vs EV truck for heavy long distance towing, it's not even fair. The gas vehicle will win all day with todays technology.

I'm getting CyberTruck because I need best highway mpg possible while still having ability to haul or tow stuff. So what if it costs me 1/2 as much to refuel as a traditional ICE and I will spend almost no time refueling since I just plug it in and go about my night while it charges as I sleep.

It looks cool as hell, has all the technology inside you could want and more than likely will receive updates that increase performance over time.

Ever wished ford could send update to your truck and gain 10% performance and 5% range?

Then the truck is made of stainless steel so no worries about door dings, scratching the bed or you body rusting out. Even if glass isn't bulletproof it has to be stronger than the glass installed in back window of every ranger cause they break when you look at them funny.

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.

DeathRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000 and 2019
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
2.3 L 4 cyl ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
It looks cool as hell, has all the technology inside you could want and more than likely will receive updates that increase performance over time.
Bullshit... every update my computer or phone has ever gotten has made it use more memory, use more battery life, or made it slower.

Ever wished ford could send update to your truck and gain 10% performance and 5% range?
yes, but why would they give you something for free.. they’re in business to sell vehicles and parts. They want you to buy the next great thing, not email it to you for free.

Then the truck is made of stainless steel so no worries about door dings, scratching the bed or you body rusting out. Even if glass isn't bulletproof it has to be stronger than the glass installed in back window of every ranger cause they break when you look at them funny.
Stainless steel doesn’t ding?
see above

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Ford does update their software when benefits can be made, you go to the dealer and have the ECU updated. Not sure what 1,000s of dollars your talking about but I dont want anyone to be able to wirelessly mess with my truck. Great, I gotta call a tow truck now because my car got a spam email....

Last edited:

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
You'd prefer to spend $1000's on parts to get the same gains?
Absolutely, just ordered over $1000 of parts for my new used 2007 Mustang. As a friend of mine said about our Lightnings, half the fun of owning a Lightning is hood up. He's correct. I like tinkering on things. I don't want a vehicle that needs no attention other than a new software update that is done automatically. Fock that shat!

I'd rather do it myself. Outdoors, beer and cigar close by. Parts to install or modify. I'm happy.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
EV tech will be the biggest thing in the near future as all vehicle sales are dwindling and its a great way to convince people to buy a new vehicle.
Sales are dwindling because prices are spiraling. I do not see EV's changing that.

DeathRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000 and 2019
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
2.3 L 4 cyl ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Absolutely, just ordered over $1000 of parts for my new used 2007 Mustang. As a friend of mine said about our Lightnings, half the fun of owning a Lightning is hood up. He's correct. I like tinkering on things. I don't want a vehicle that needs no attention other than a new software update that is done automatically. Fock that shat!

I'd rather do it myself. Outdoors, beer and cigar close by. Parts to install or modify. I'm happy.
to each his own. I got tired of vehicle maintenance because it costs me money and time. I'd rather spend my time at a computer making money. It's nice just having a vehicle that works and never needs anything.

DeathRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000 and 2019
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
2.3 L 4 cyl ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Sales are dwindling because prices are spiraling. I do not see EV's changing that.
I think sales are dwindling because the younger generation don't own a car, want one or need one. and the older folk have already updated to a newer car and won't likely need to upgrade for 5 to 10 years.

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
to each his own. I got tired of vehicle maintenance because it costs me money and time. I'd rather spend my time at a computer making money. It's nice just having a vehicle that works and never needs anything.
I'm 58 and haven't tired of it yet. Two high performance bikes, the Lightning (which is basically done as far as I'm concerned, just enjoying it now), the old Ranger (which is in maintenance only mode, no more mods), and now the Mustang to play around with. I work on aircraft for a living in any event. Cars, trucks and bikes are a lot easier. ;-)

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Sales are dropping because wages have barely outpaced inflation for the last 30 years and expenses like college, housing, and medical care have all greatly exceeded inflation over the same time. There's less disposable income for most people now than in the past. Lenders are doing 7 and 8 year loans on depreciating assets because it's the only way most people can afford a new vehicle, and taking those kinds of loans only makes the issue worse for the consumer. Also, new vehicles are lasting longer than ever. The average age of vehicles on the road goes up every year and is something like 11 or 12 years old now. People can't afford new vehicles on a whim, and there's nothing forcing them to buy them since their 10 year old car is generally reliable and not rusted away to nothing.

EVs don't have anything to do with selling more vehicles. In fact, with the fact that there are fewer components, and they're generally more reliable than ICEs, in theory adoption of EVs should lead to fewer new vehicles being purchased out of need. This is why automakers are dumping so much money into other "mobility" services. That's how they keep their revenue going in the future where cars aren't sold as often.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals