Cab mount repair


Featured Build Threads

Joined
Sep 5, 2026
Messages
2
Points
1
City
St. John
State - Country
NL - CAN
Vehicle Year
2008
Vehicle
Ford Ranger
Drive
2WD
Engine
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Ever since I bought the truck, the right side cab and box body lines never matched up, didn’t think much of it, since it’s a 2 decade old truck (some alignment just don’t hold up after 20 years), anyhow, recently it started squeaking everytime I hit a bump or defect in the road, and rides like a bag of bolts. Upon further inspection, my cab mount itself has rusted out and isn’t exactly holding up the rubber. What’s my best way around it? Hoping to repair it soon, since I don’t care for these new side effects and don’t want to damage it further.

Rear right cab mount
 

Attachments

  • Cab mount repair
    IMG_7382.jpeg
    427.9 KB · Views: 10
I've heard of people using an extra large washer and some scrap to build it up some. The hardest part is probably getting the old bolt out.
 
I've heard of people using an extra large washer and some scrap to build it up some. The hardest part is probably getting the old bolt out.
I’ve done this. Or cut a piece of steel and hole saw where it needs to be. Down side to that is you need to weld, which isn’t a problem for me. The first time I repaired some was when I learned how to weld with oxy/acetylene.

The other option would be to try to find a solid one in a junkyard or see if some place like LMC sells replacement mounts. Chisel/grind/drill the rivets and replace with bolts.

You may end up having to replace the body mount bushing. I’ve had little success getting them apart without cutting things but rust is also a major problem here
 
IIRC the frame side of that is available if you wanna cut the rivets out and bolt the new one on.

I have one that I fully intend to repair with an old lawnmower blade, welder, and grinder at some point. It already has poly bushings though.
 

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top