96 2wd: Tire options with 16" steelies for winter & stock struts


Featured Build Threads

justinae

15+ Year Member

Joined
Jul 29, 2011
Messages
148
Points
3,101
City
Portland, OR
Vehicle Year
1996
Transmission
Manual
Just picked up some 16x6.5 steelies to put some winters on. I measured offset which looks like 5.5" so I think that's quite a bit further in from OEM.

OEM: 14×6, about +12 mm or ~4.0" backspacing
Steelies: 16×6.5, about +44 mm or ~5.5" backspacing

Anyone run something like these before and already figure out max tire size? I'm looking at 205/65R16 or 215/60R16.

Thanks!

96 2wd: Tire options with 16" steelies for winter & stock struts
96 2wd: Tire options with 16" steelies for winter & stock struts
96 2wd: Tire options with 16" steelies for winter & stock struts
 
32mm difference between those and stock, that needs 1.25" spacers.


Note: Those spacers appear to have too small of a center hole to fit 4WD trucks w/locking hubs, but for 2WD trucks and 4WDs w/o hubs, they should fit no problem.
 
Just picked up some 16x6.5 steelies to put some winters on. I measured offset which looks like 5.5" so I think that's quite a bit further in from OEM.

OEM: 14×6, about +12 mm or ~4.0" backspacing
Steelies: 16×6.5, about +44 mm or ~5.5" backspacing

Anyone run something like these before and already figure out max tire size? I'm looking at 205/65R16 or 215/60R16.

Thanks!
Those sound a little short, especially for winter tires. I'd run more like a 215/70-16. Some later model crossovers and small SUV's run that size so you should be able to find something.
 

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top