• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Just picked up a Cobra 29 LTD BC

Scotty J.

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
As the title says, Cobra 29 LTD Black Chrome. I'll probably go with a 3' FireStik antenna. I'm not looking to talk over 100 miles, just with local folks on trail runs etc.. Plus, the blue LEDs match my dash radio :D. Now I just have to find someone install and tune it.

89PBR96

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Dang that is a sexy looking cb my friend How mucho dollars was it if you don't mind I'm ready to retire my old cb

Scotty J.

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
I paid $136.00 for it to be dropped at my door. I searched for about 10 minutes so there are probably better deals out there, I just don't dedicate that much time to spending my money, just making it LOL.

Being anal as I can be about things, the blue LEDs match my radio head, and of course the black chrome goes with my red/black theme LOL.

89PBR96

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I hear you on wasting time I usually see thing's I want and buy then find out I paid too much later lol oh well right it's just money and nice ride man I looked threw your build thread nice truck man I really like that cb might have to upgrade here soon I got some blue in my dash also

89PBR96

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Btw liked the bandage from the off road park lol

Scotty J.

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks man, it's been an interesting year. I'm about to add more aux lighting, I'm just not sure what direction I want to go with it. It'll of course be somewhere along the lines of what I've been doing. My wife likes what I've been doing with the truck, it was her Father's.

89PBR96

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That is good she likes it man my wife likes mine cause I bought her a wrangler lol keep up the work man my build isn't as cool as yours yet thanks for the info

02RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I agree. I am willing to spend a bit more money to have something at my door the next day rather than waiting for it to be shipped 5 days later...

Good buy. For what its worth, I have a 4ft firestik, and on mostly flat ground, I can talk a max of 8 miles clearly. I can regularly hear chatter from farther than that away.

Clay Lorance

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.6 V8
Transmission
Automatic
Scotty, I think all you'll have to do to tune that radio after you get your antennae and get it hooked up and working is calibrate your SWRs. I noticed its setup to set the SWRs from the radio itself. Be sure and set the SWRs on channels 1, 40, and 20 in that order and make sure and keep them in the 1.5 to 2.0 range, that way your CB will be functioning at its most efficient point.:icon_thumby:

Scotty J.

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Scotty, I think all you'll have to do to tune that radio after you get your antennae and get it hooked up and working is calibrate your SWRs. I noticed its setup to set the SWRs from the radio itself. Be sure and set the SWRs on channels 1, 40, and 20 in that order and make sure and keep them in the 1.5 to 2.0 range, that way your CB will be functioning at its most efficient point.:icon_thumby:
Exactly right and thanks for passing along the info. I read through the manual and it was pretty detailed on how to tune it. Nice that the calibration tools are built into the unit.

Now I just gotta figure out where to mount it. There aren't many places under the dash to mount it. I may end up having to remove the mini console and put it there.

Clay Lorance

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.6 V8
Transmission
Automatic
I know just enough about CBs, auto body repair, auto mechanics and running a wrecker to make me dangerous. LOL:D

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals