• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Winter

dabomb5756

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hey guys,
I am getting ready to come home on the 21st. Haven't talked to you guys in a while and i was just wondering if anyone had anything planned?

As much as i want to work on the samurai, it would suck in this cold weather, so i think I'm gona wait until summer. And i'm $ broke right now.

Unes, you started on the chevy at all?

Bray D

2012 UA Ranger
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
not much planned, just saving so I can start buildin again in the spring. I did pick up a rockcrusher diff cover and tossed that on there. my blingin axle girdle was leakin, hopefully I can sell it on ebay lol.

Explorin94

Law Enforcement
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Truck is going to the crusher a soon as I find a 4 door explorer to put the lift under. That will be my fun when that happens.

bradz71

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988 BII
Transmission
Automatic
Have vacation plans for around New Years. I'm not sure whether I'm going to be back for New Years. If so, I might do a New Years Day run at the Cliffs. See what happens.

JohnnyU

"Outlaw"
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevrolet
Engine Size
Ls2
Transmission
Automatic
Nope, havent done a damn thing. I havent even finished parting out the Ranger yet. Thats something that needs to get done in the next week or so.

dabomb5756

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Has anyone heard of the fab shop in pekin?

http://peoria.craigslist.org/aos/500737085.html

Its called point blank fabrication. I called the guy about getting some toyota rear springs and maybe a power steering setup. He gave me awesome prices and said he had alot to part out.

He also said he is working on two trucks right now, a 3link front and i think he said a 4link rear.

When i asked him about full hydro he said he only runs 31 inch tires. So i dunno how hardcore he is. But then again, im fawkin hardcore as hell and i run 31's.

Anyways, im goin there tomorrow to see whats up. Maybe get a job there over winter break, but i'll prolly work for free jus cuz i like it and maybe for free parts.

Also, unes, call me about those 36's. I might have my dad bring back a set of 36 tsls from chicago burbs when he goes up to visit my sister next week. The guy wants 475 for 4 with about 1/2 inch tread and a couple have patches but have been holding air on his dd. He will also throw in two spares. i need to know if i would be able to get yours anytime soon instead.

THanks.

JohnnyU

"Outlaw"
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevrolet
Engine Size
Ls2
Transmission
Automatic
I've heard of him, I think he might have been out at Levi's one time over the summer. I can't remember where I was, but I was talking to some guy that was telling me he was opening up a shop for Toyota Trucks, I think it was in Pekin, but I wasn't paying complete attention.

I'm keeping the tires with hope that I can run a 15" rim (which I probably wont be able to once I go with disc brakes) Then I'm going to upgrade to 16.5 HMMVW rims and a 16.5 tire.

dabomb5756

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Ok, well when do you think that will be, i know you dont really have plans set on a calendar for building a trail rig, but are you thinking sometime this summer? Or by spring break, or what?

JohnnyU

"Outlaw"
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevrolet
Engine Size
Ls2
Transmission
Automatic
I'm hoping maybe sometime around spring, maybe summer. I may be able to get away with running a crazy offset and still keep the 15" rim. I won't know until I get to that point. Sorry.

dabomb5756

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Alright, well i think im gona get these then for 475.

I went to the "fab shop." The guy was kinda crazy, but he was nice. He had any and every toyota part you could imagine.
He didnt build rock crawlers or whatever so much, he liked building capable daily drivers. He has built a couple custom frames for yotas that still use the stock body and bed. Usually sticks with leafsprings and such...

I picked up a set of rear yota springs, 48inches long with 5 inch offset center pin.
I also got a set of weld-on beadlocks for 50 bucks! I am excited about that, but he didnt have any bolts or nuts for em. I plan on getting some nutserts i think they're called and running grade 5 3/8ths inch bolts. There are 32 holes.

I'm having a hell of a time with the damn spring bushings, looks like im heading to peoria spring tomorow.

Bray D

2012 UA Ranger
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
hmm that guys right off koch street. I don't need any toy parts but I may drop in to shoot the shit with the guy. nothin wrong with pickin up another wheelin buddy!

dabomb5756

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yea, 301 koch, all the way in the back on the right.

Like i said, i dont really think he goes wheelin very often.

I must have misunderstood him, because he wasnt really building any suspensions. He just had maybe 6 toyotas he was parting out, and he had a fuel line he was replacing for a customer.

dabomb5756

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Ohh, one more thing unes, you think i could borrow that HF pipe bender for a week or two?

bradz71

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988 BII
Transmission
Automatic
I'm having a hell of a time with the damn spring bushings, looks like im heading to peoria spring tomorow.
Burn them out, then put the new ones in a freezer so they will slide in.

But yeah, those are a PITA.

That 'Yota shop sounds interesting. I've been looking for a 'yota to eventually replace the BII someday.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals