• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What Version of Photoshop?

Mtrhd0024

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Just curious what version of photoshop everyone uses?

I'd been using CS3 up until today. I just got the Adobe CS4 Master Collection today courtesy of my school, so I'm quite a happy kid now! :D

I need more RAM now... :bawling: :icon_rofl:

Now... Off to teach myself the new software! :D

Hazmat Ranger

May 2009 STOTM
U.S. Military - Veteran
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Cs & Cs3 . . .

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I use 7.0, but occasionally use the "pocket" CS3 version.

Mtrhd0024

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Lol I probably should have just stayed with CS3...

It does everything I need. But awh well, CS4 is cool...

Its pretty similar, a few things have me confused though but ah well.

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
It can only get better, eh?

When I started using CS3 after using 7.0 I was confused as hell, but I'm slowly starting to get used to it.

Hazmat Ranger

May 2009 STOTM
U.S. Military - Veteran
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
There was major changes from 7.0 to CS3 - I really enjoy 3, but since the company bought it I am sure I will not see an upgrade anytime soon. Besides I cannot justify the need for the upgrade simply because it has a few new items. I wouldn't use them anyway.

Koda - WTH is the pocket version - pencil and paper :icon_rofl:

Mtrhd0024

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It can only get better, eh?

When I started using CS3 after using 7.0 I was confused as hell, but I'm slowly starting to get used to it.
Yea, our school went from 7.0 to CS to CS3 and now CS4. The jump from 7.0 to CS was big, as was the jump from CS to CS3, but CS4 is not too bad. Its very similar, just adds a few more features and a couple of small interface chances.

As far as I can tell, the basic stuff that was in CS3 is still the same, CS4 includes the ability to paint 3D models though, which should be really cool. Looking forward to messing with that feature since I do a bit of 3D modelling.

I should actually look on the Adobe site at whats new :icon_rofl:

Mtrhd0024

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
There was major changes from 7.0 to CS3 - I really enjoy 3, but since the company bought it I am sure I will not see an upgrade anytime soon. Besides I cannot justify the need for the upgrade simply because it has a few new items. I wouldn't use them anyway.

Yea, the only reason our school now justifies frequent upgrades is because we now have a Moving images (video production) and an I-Media class (digital graphics, video editing, 3D modelling, video game creation, etc etc) so we need to stay on top of things. Those classes are meant to be teaching us industry standard skills so they try to keep us up to date with the software that the industry uses.

Hazmat Ranger

May 2009 STOTM
U.S. Military - Veteran
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yea, the only reason our school now justifies frequent upgrades is because we now have a Moving images (video production) and an I-Media class (digital graphics, video editing, 3D modelling, video game creation, etc etc) so we need to stay on top of things. Those classes are meant to be teaching us industry standard skills so they try to keep us up to date with the software that the industry uses.
Damn You :annoyed:

:icon_rofl::icon_rofl: That is cool - wish I had these opportunities when I was in school - we were lucky to get sharp chisels for making our designs in marble slabs.

Mtrhd0024

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Damn You :annoyed:

:icon_rofl::icon_rofl: That is cool - wish I had these opportunities when I was in school - we were lucky to get sharp chisels for making our designs in marble slabs.
Haha I wish we got to learn to weld, do metalworking, and had an excuse to work on cars in classes... That would be cool. We have a design class at my school but its 90% designing stuff and then 10% actually making it. You spend the entire year designing and then the last month of school actually making it, so it gets old.

If it helps to encourage anyone, pretty much all my photoshopping skills were learned in about 3 months... About 1 month of that was on CS, then we got CS3. To be fair It was in a class and I had about 4.5 hours of it per week, but its just proof that it can be picked up quickly! I've continued using it, learning bits and bobs on my own, but really its not that difficult to pick up so if you want to learn, read a couple tutorials, practice, and eventually it'll start to get easier!

Hazmat Ranger

May 2009 STOTM
U.S. Military - Veteran
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Haha I wish we got to learn to weld, do metalworking, and had an excuse to work on cars in classes... That would be cool.
Funny you say that - before going to my vocational school my high school had one semester in wood shop, one in drafting (manual), and one in metalworking to include casting.
My vocational school was for Diesel Mechanics - we did 2 wks classroom (general topics like math) and 2 wks shop which included welding, drafting, PE, and other stuff besides working on the diesels. It was a blast to tear open a Mack or Detroit and put them back together and have the beast run.

Sorry got off-topic there . . .

I have been using PS for over 10 years now :shok: - began with 5.5. It can be a PIA to learn if you are impatient and want to learn it all in one day. I also studied with an 8 DVD program just for CS - teaches you every thing possible with PS. Cost me $300 for it though. No Koda I have not forgot :icon_confused: - :icon_idea: no burner right now.

Mtrhd0024

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Funny you say that - before going to my vocational school my high school had one semester in wood shop, one in drafting (manual), and one in metalworking to include casting.
My vocational school was for Diesel Mechanics - we did 2 wks classroom (general topics like math) and 2 wks shop which included welding, drafting, PE, and other stuff besides working on the diesels. It was a blast to tear open a Mack or Detroit and put them back together and have the beast run.

Sorry got off-topic there . . .[/QUOTE]

Haha no worries, I started it! Yea see that kind of thing would be cool. I do a lot of that at home so I wouldn't personally learn much, but the idea of doing a class in it would be fun :D haha

I have been using PS for over 10 years now :shok: - began with 5.5. It can be a PIA to learn if you are impatient and want to learn it all in one day. I also studied with an 8 DVD program just for CS - teaches you every thing possible with PS. Cost me $300 for it though. No Koda I have not forgot :icon_confused: - :icon_idea: no burner right now.
Yea I was lucky to learn it in school i guess. You can pick up things quicker when you have someone to show you. I have a pretty good understanding of Photoshop for the kind of stuff I want to do with it, and really anything I dont know how to do and want to learn to do, I can find a tutorial for. So thats basically how I learn.

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well, it's like a low quality version of CS3 that's missing some stuff to make it easily fit and run off of a jump drive.

Sorry got off-topic there . . .
No worries, I'm the one that forgot. Haha.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals